What Certs did you have when you first joined TE?

2»

Comments

• ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    MCSE NT4, CCNA, 270, 290

I took a long break between my NT4 MCSE and my CCNA, but I finally decided to get back in the game and update my MCSE. I passed 270 and 290 before I found TE while studying for the 291. Since I joined I have completed my MCSE:Messaging, EMCPA, MCITP:EA and I am one away from completing my EMA. Hanging out on this site provides plenty of motivation in addition to all the useful information.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had none! beside the Bsc. and didn't really know much of Cert world as well. I think it was one of the first sites came up on google when I was searching for a site that would give me info on certs.

It has been awesome. Threads like this are of the reason I stick here.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I had my A+, which was 3 years old before I started going for more certifications.
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had A+ and Network+ when I first joined this place. Originally, I tried to get started at proprofs.com. They have very active A+ and Network+ forums, but any certifications higher than that and the numbers start dwindling. I dunno, maybe the majority of the people there just stopped after those two certs. Anyway, I was looking for more info for the 70-620 exam and I happened to stumble here and MCMCSE.com. This place was way more active than mcmcse and the people here are a lot more friendlier, knowledgeable, and encouraging.

It's all because of you wonderful bunch of people that I decided to join and become an active member. Haven't looked back since and am about to earn my MCSA (MCSE to follow).
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    ProProfs is dead compared to this place.
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Indeed. It's full of threads with people just posting "thank you" twice so they can have access to the premium content. It got annoying quickly.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    None, I think I found the site a few days before sitting for the CCNA
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I had the A+ & N+ I was actually looking for a comparison of CCNA vs MCSA and found one of the threads here and haven't looked back since then :D....since then I've finished my Bachelors, CCNA, and 270.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Indeed. It's full of threads with people just posting "thank you" twice so they can have access to the premium content. It got annoying quickly.
    I know what you mean, it's frustrating to see so many crap posts. I'm a mod over there, and what I find even more annoying is that we've removed the two-post minimum months ago and people *still* put up two garbage posts...sigh...some folks just ain't so clever...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I stumbled upon the Techexams forums, while I was searching for information on a Geek Squad job. I talked to one of the associates at Geek Squad, and asked about the geek squad positions at the local Best Buy’s he said “ The jobs is 20 hours per week, and sometimes you may work 40 hours per week”. After hearing this I was shocked, he also mentioned how I would have to do some face to face time with the hiring manager, before I would be considered. I still had a lot of questions, so I googled (What does geeks squad pay, what is the hours, and what is the job like..), and then I found a post on TECHEXAMS discussing the info I was looking searching for. Ever since that day this forum has been an endless source of knowledge, and I thank everyone one of you  As far as certifications, I don’t have any yet, but I’m taking an A+ essentials college course, and in 5 weeks I will be taking the A+ essentials exam! Then four weeks after the essentials test I will be taking the It technician exam, and hopefully I will receive my A+ certificate. Then I plan to study and take the Network+ exam, and after that exam who knows what certification will be next.
    Thanks for teaching me the following: Certs paths, job descriptions roles, pay for certain positions, insider news such as deals from cert test exam pre companies….and many more things
    On a side note: I learned a lot from this forum, and thankfully I learned a lot about certs, and certification paths. They really should have a class educating IT students about certifications, and the different paths you can take. You would be surprised at how many of my class mates are clueless when it comes to certifications and the importance of them in the IT industry.
    Thanks to everyone for your posts and responses to any of my posts, or future posts. I look forward to communicating with the Tech Exam board members, so that I can receive the most current IT knowledge. 
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had none.

This site has been amazing for me and giving me motivation to achieve the targets i want to accomplish now. I havent got as many certs as i would like but once i finish my PT degree studies i will be plowing on with the help of this site.

Big thanks to johan, the mods and everyone who participates.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have yet to set foot in another IT related forum. Besides what google shows me for possible problem fixes, TE is it for me.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A couple of NT4 and Win2000 MCP's. Apart from a (now expired) CCNA I did nothing cert wise for years. This site helps keep up the motivation to study for an exam once in a while ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I had my MCSE and my MCITP: Enterprise Messaging but I have learned alot on this site and good to see so many other hard working IT folks that are labbing and reading, watching videos and LEARNING the material instead of using braindumps. Very refreshing when I search this site and see others like myself who don't take the easy route but actually know the real world stuff much better than the paper cert takers.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Zip and Nada. I found the site looking for Security+ resources and stayed for the drinks and dancing girls....(I'm sure they're here somewhere...someday....)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I found the site looking for Security+ resources and stayed for the drinks and dancing girls....

I imagine that would be the end of Techexams as far as productivity goes. icon_wink.gif
    I have seen FadetoBright's alcohol stash in a picture. I don't know if she dances though...

woops, another thought I should keep to myself.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    I have seen FadetoBright's alcohol stash in a picture. I don't know if she dances though...

woops, another thought I should keep to myself.
    And Tyrant1919 was never heard from again. . . icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Slowhand wrote: »
    And Tyrant1919 was never heard from again. . . icon_lol.gif
    Yeah, I could, but I'd rather allow her to scratch-his-eyes-out or not.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yeah, I could, but I'd rather allow her to scratch-his-eyes-out or not.

That's what I meant. It's not the mods he should be afraid of with a comment like that. Whenever I've made a remark like that to a woman, the next thing I immediately say is, "No, no, not the face, not the face! AAAAH!!! OKAY, OKAY. . . THE FACE, THE FACE!" icon_lol.gif

What comment? I don't know what you guys are talking about!

edit: Crap, way to go Slowhand. Quoted me so I can't even edit my post.

curses-foiled-again.jpg
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    edit: Crap, way to go Slowhand. Quoted me so I can't even edit my post.

Like it says in my signature, let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do. icon_lol.gif

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    Zip and Nada. I found the site looking for Security+ resources and stayed for the drinks and dancing girls....(I'm sure they're here somewhere...someday....)

please let me know when you find them ;)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I joined TE with my network + and A +.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Network+ and A+. I jumped on around when I started my quest for the MCSE.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    A+ and N+. I found this site while studying for my CCNA and it has been great motivation for me to continue my studies.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    A+ and Net+, this site was recommended by one of my teachers when I started pursuing Cisco certifications
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    all the certs listed in my sig.. looking for more resources on the MCTS exams, found this place and I'm glad I did..

Previously I had used MCMCSE.com as a resource forum for my A+ and Net+, struck out on my own for 70-271 & 272 as they had nothing for either subject, and still very little for the 2008 topics I'm studying, little to no resources or chatter about the road to being a Server2008 MCITP
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    i only had A+,NET+ and Server+