Windows Server 2008 Hosted Environments, MCTS

Looks like they have decided to release an 2008 Hosted Environments exam, I wonder if they will produce any dedicated training resources this time

Windows Server 2008 Hosted Environments, Configuring and Managing
This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
Learning Python and OSCP

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice find there!

Since it's listed as in early development, and the fact that I'd love to get a crack at the beta (I did quite well on 70-501), I shot off a quick email to Microsoft Learning ACE to see what the beta plans are for this one - I'll let everyone know what they say.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    74-679 is available through Prometric now. They announced the exam was released in the MCP Flash that came out today.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    74-679 is available through Prometric now. They announced the exam was released in the MCP Flash that came out today.

I saw that in my email today, :D
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Time to get my 70-501 updated then :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Actually I am a bit confused. How can this exam be still in development but you can book it already ?!?

Tempted to sign up for a second shot on that one.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • AntonSAntonS Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have plan to schedule. Have you any info about Exam 74-679 ?
    Maybe somebody pass it...
  • darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have A+, N+,Server+, Security+ MCP W2000 and MCDST.
    My cert's are alittle out of date been overseas. Currently studying win7 70-680.
    I dont have a server exam/s.
    I was going to do Eseential business server 2008 but now that wont be continued.
    I was going to do small business server or windows 2008 fundamentals. Is it worth considering this exam (windows hosted enviroment) ??
    I'm not in the I.T industry.
    Started off with computer power in Australia as a hobby, tinkering with computers ect
    maybe get into the industry later.
    Cos i'm not in the industry and i'm paying for these out of my own pocket thats why i haven't considered MCITP server certs. four/ seven exams between work and kids ect.
    Thinking at least one server exam would be a start if i decieded to enter the world of I.T
    My thought was SBS(EBS) start with basics as it covers installation& config win2008, internet ,email, users,ect then if i get a job with something bigger i have a basic grounding to expanded on

darren