Options

vSphere 4 now available!

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php?p=vsphere&lp=1

Perfect timing for us, my task for the next two weeks it to get our dev lab rebuilt. I'm also pushing hard to get in the first round of upgrade classes in RTP this summer and stay ahead of the curve before my training $$$ are cut even more.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got the CDs here just cannot be boffed to build a test environment icon_sad.gif

Wish the day had 50 hours ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice! Hopefully that exam goes live soon. There's only around six months to upgrade before another course is required...
  • Options
    If you're already a VCP, then you would have to take another course if you don't upgrade before 12/31, but you only would have to take the "What's New" class which is two days, $1500.
    vmware.com wrote:
    # If you are NEW to VMware

* Attend the VMware vSphere™ 4: Install, Configure, Manage course (first courses available in late June 2009) OR attend the VMware vSphere 4: Fast Track (available in Q3)
    * Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 exam

# If you are currently a VCP on VMware Infrastructure 3

* Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 exam. This option will only be available until December 31, 2009. Beginning in 2010, VCPs on VI3 must attend the VMware vSphere 4: What’s New class in order to upgrade.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wonder when the new exam will be live.
  • Options
    It will be a while
    vmware.com wrote:
    When will the VCP on vSphere 4 exam be available?
    The exam will be available in Q3. The beta exam will be available 30 days after general availability of the product.
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    blargoe wrote: »
    If you're already a VCP, then you would have to take another course if you don't upgrade before 12/31, but you only would have to take the "What's New" class which is two days, $1500.

Be aware you must be a VCP in VI3. Previous version VCP's aren't eligible for this.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Be aware you must be a VCP in VI3. Previous version VCP's aren't eligible for this.

Previous version VCP's need to get with the program!

I've also seen murmurings that they're going to be rolling out a new cert that's in between the VCP and VCDX in difficulty and requirements.
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    Previous version VCP's need to get with the program!

I've also seen murmurings that they're going to be rolling out a new cert that's in between the VCP and VCDX in difficulty and requirements.
    Yeah Jon Hall has confirmed they are working on a sort of "Master VCP" cert.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    astorrs wrote: »
    Yeah Jon Hall has confirmed they are working on a sort of "Master VCP" cert.
    I think it should be VCPP - VMware Certified Professional Professional...
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    tiersten wrote: »
    I think it should be VCPP - VMware Certified Professional Professional...

How about VMware Certified Professional Pwner?
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Nah, I think they should stick with VCP for that one as well. VCP Certified Professional. Recursive acronyms FTW!
  • Options
    VMware Certified Professional on vSphere™ 4
    With the launch of vSphere™ 4, a new certification will be available. The VMware Certified Professional on vSphere™ 4 beta exam will be available June 29th, 2009. Candidates eligible for the beta exam will automatically be contacted by VMware. These candidates must be VCP3 certified and beta product users. The VCP on vSphere 4 (VCP4) exam will be available publicly on August 1st, 2009.

I guess that's that!