Options

Computer Question

jagr685jagr685 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a computer that has a 30 gig hard drive; I have broken down to 3 partitions . I just installed a 10 gig hard drive in the same computer, so now I have 2 hard drives. On the 10 gig hard drive I put windows 2000 server on there just to have some fun. Now my question is when you boot the computer to windows 2000 server disk can I now access my windows 2000 disk at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yes you can, provided they are formatted correctly. With 2000, you should be using NTFS, which will allow you to see other NTFS partitions. The drives should be viewable under My Computer.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    OK thanks Ricka182 can you help me answer this one do i need to change anything in the Bios settings so that both hard drives will show up under My Computer and do I use the slave cable that is coming off the master cable? Thanks so much for your help!!!! :D
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You shouldn't have to change anything in BIOS to allow Windows see the drives. I would put the 30g HDD on the primary cable as a master, with your CD-ROM as it's slave, then put the 10g HDD as the secondary master. Make sure Bios is showing the boot order you desire also, which probably hasn't changed, but just check it anyway. Windows will automatically see all drives, and allow you to access each one from each other.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Man thanks for the help!!!!! :D
  • Options
    I just thought of something, If I boot to the windows 2k disk I will still be able to access the disk that has window2k server on it by going to my computer?
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Unless you have created a RAID1 or RAID5 array you shouldnt have a problem. With only one drive I dont think you have created either.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    No I have not created either.. Thanks for the help!!