Options

I am taking the ICND2 at 3 o clock today...

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
I did not get to go through the Boson test exam for this test as thoroughly as I would have liked, but I am in a time crunch, and need to start my MCSE as soon as possible. If I did not take it today, I would not be able to take it until Tuesday, and with as long as I have been out of work, an additional 3 days of study for the next exam is priceless.

Here's hoping that I can get it knocked out today. I feel more comfortable going in though, as I know what to expect from the exam environment.

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    pogue wrote: »
    I did not get to go through the Boson test exam for this test as thoroughly as I would have liked, but I am in a time crunch, and need to start my MCSE as soon as possible. If I did not take it today, I would not be able to take it until Tuesday, and with as long as I have been out of work, an additional 3 days of study for the next exam is priceless.

Here's hoping that I can get it knocked out today. I feel more comfortable going in though, as I know what to expect from the exam environment.

Russ

Good luck Russ !! Let us know how it goes. I need to get mine scheduled.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Best of luck to you! I haven't even looked at the Boson practice exams for ICND2, but I found the ICND1 exam to be quite similar to Boson's practice. I was happy I went through it thoroughly.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park!

For the first time in my life, I rescheduled an exam to an earlier date. Tomorrow at 11:30! Time to finish up this CCNA. :)
  • Options
    Passed with an 876.....

Meh.

The score reflects my being overloaded with Cisco studies for the moment and just deciding to take the test before I was completely ready, just to get it over with.

I was thinking I was a bit weak on WAN configuration and interswitch comms, and I was right, as I scored a 66% and 73% in those two sections, respectively.

What was not fun was when I kept mistyping a command in one of my sims, and could not figure out why I was not seeing what I was supposed to on a show command. I think I had to retype the command above 6 times, lol.

Russ
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Score doesn't matter, good job! icon_cheers.gif

+1 for a Friday pass! drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congratulations!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    A pass is a pass, good job! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    On to MCSE studies now. Trying to get a spare PC ready to run some sort of virtual environment. I have heard I can run a bare bones OS on a system, and then install a VM type installation and then install multiple VM units on top of that.

It's al a little confusing right now, but I am sure I'll figure it out..

Russ
  • Options
    adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On to MCSE studies now. Trying to get a spare PC ready to run some sort of virtual environment. I have heard I can run a bare bones OS on a system, and then install a VM type installation and then install multiple VM units on top of that.

Russ

hey congrats!!! I am preparing for icnd2... any tips?
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    adeetee wrote: »
    hey congrats!!! I am preparing for icnd2... any tips?

Make sure you know your frame relay, EIGRP/OSPF, and access lists.

The format is very similar to the ICND1, so make sure you know your "show" commands..

Good luck!

Russ
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385

Russ

Congrats on the pass. I myself have just started the MCSE and I would get VM workstation 6.5. You need a good host computer with lots of memory (I've 6GB). Try youtube for a video.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    blackninja wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. I myself have just started the MCSE and I would get VM workstation 6.5. You need a good host computer with lots of memory (I've 6GB). Try youtube for a video.

I got a 2 year old Alienware gaming laptop with 2G of RAM, and I installed Virtual PC 2007 on it before I read your response. Already got a working Server 2003 installation running inside a VM, and I am currently working out how to connect it to my laptop's internet connection.

Cool stuff!

Russ
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    I got a 2 year old Alienware gaming laptop with 2G of RAM, and I installed Virtual PC 2007 on it before I read your response. Already got a working Server 2003 installation running inside a VM, and I am currently working out how to connect it to my laptop's internet connection.

Cool stuff!

Russ

There is a feature in VMware workstation called "Snapshot". Take a snapshot then do the lab, if you break/mess it up. Just revert to before the snapshot. This the main reson I choose Vmware.

I couldn't even try Virtual PC as it won't run on Vista Home Premium and I refused to get Ultimate or business.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797