Options

Study material suggestions

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello, I'm new to the certification world. I recently passed the A+ Core and am now going to take the A+ OS in about 2 weeks. My question turns to the MCSA world which I would like to enter after completing my A+.

I was wondering what were the best study books to use for the 70-270 exam or the others 70-290 and 70-291? I have been reading reviews on Amazon.com and have heard mixed results of the books which I can't find one that seems to be the most thorough. I know a book can't have every subject covered, but if anyone has prior experience I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I use the Exam Cram2. 70-270/90..They seem good. Prep Logic is also a good practice sim, which comes in the back of the books.
  • Options
    PawNtheSandmanPawNtheSandman Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend taking Network + before starting MCP/MCSA/MCSE.
    Currently Studying: CCNA
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I'm using the Sybex book at the moment for 70-270, it's allright, gotta say the clincher for me were the flashcards for your pda that came bundled with it, really cool for a spot of quick testing on the way to work. I'm probably going to get the examcram book as well, just for a different angle.

As for the 290 + 291 I'd get one of the microsoft press books as they come with version of Server 2003, I think it stays activated for about 180 days so you can install it and practice at home
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    If you have the patience, the 180 day trial is available for download from MS as well.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your help. I think I'm going to go with the Sybex and Exam Cram book and just use both of them. I actually got a real copy of Windows Server 2003 through my school to help me study.

I do appreciate all the replies. Thanks.