Options

T-Minus 33 Days and Counting

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well the time is growing closer. In 33 days I am taking the CCNA test. I plann to do the one test route. Does anyone have a "30 Days before your CCNA exam" plan that they would like to share?

I will list my study materials: CCNA 6th edition by Todd Lammelle
CCNA Fast pass " "
Cisco router simulations " "
Cisco IOS cookbook 2nd edition
Learn TCP/IP in 24 hours (SAMS)
Subnettingquestions.com
Techexams.net

Comments

• Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test! I took the two test route. Passed ICND1 in March and currently studying for ICND2, which I plan to take in the Fall. I didn't really have a 30 days until plan, but decided to take the test when I felt I had hit a wall with studying. I used my last 30 days to review my notes, practice on my simulator, take some practice tests, practice subnetting, and go over topics I felt I was weak in. The test was a challenge, but if you study and know the material you will pass. Let us know how you do.
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    AD227529 wrote: »
    Good luck on the test! I took the two test route. Passed ICND1 in March and currently studying for ICND2, which I plan to take in the Fall. I didn't really have a 30 days until plan, but decided to take the test when I felt I had hit a wall with studying. I used my last 30 days to review my notes, practice on my simulator, take some practice tests, practice subnetting, and go over topics I felt I was weak in. The test was a challenge, but if you study and know the material you will pass. Let us know how you do.

Thanks. I will update when I am done. What would you say has been the hardest exam point for you if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    abhustlerabhustler Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the hardest part of the exam was subnetting correctly. Simply put, if you can't subnet in your head you WILL fail the test either because you can't answer the questions or running out of time. Don't mean to discourage you but make sure you can and you should see that the questions are fair.
    A master at anything was once a beginner
  • Options
    abhustler wrote: »
    I think the hardest part of the exam was subnetting correctly. Simply put, if you can't subnet in your head you WILL fail the test either because you can't answer the questions or running out of time. Don't mean to discourage you but make sure you can and you should see that the questions are fair.

Good to know. I have been doing questions from subnetting.com. I am about to do 30 a day to get my subnetting time down from 45 seconds to about 10 seconds. I have also been drilling myself on block sizes as well....
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I am about to do 30 a day to get my subnetting time down from 45 seconds to about 10 seconds.

GREAT!!! 10sec would be super! Although 20sec on average should be fine, I haven't taken it yet but I know how Vital subnetting will be for us!!!

I wasn't as brave as you, I am taking the two exam route! Although I bought the same book you have (the sybex one) and am using that to study for the ICND2...

Good Luck... as for tips... I suggest reading the review parts of the book and do the hands on labs I guess??? Wish you well!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...