Options

CBT Video enough?

babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I have been watching the CBT videos. I'm wondering if they will be suffice for the 70-620 vista exam.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd normally say no, but 620 was comparatively easy. I'd still go through the objectives and make sure everything was covered adequately. If not, hit up Technet or the Windows help file.
  • Options
    I have read through the objective. It looks fairly easy, but I'm a little nervous as this will be my first MS exam and I don't know how well it would go. Also I'm a little worried if it tests me on small details.

So is it 75 questions that I will be asked? and how many do I need to get right?

Thanks
  • Options
    Approximately 70%. I've heard there are now a lot of sims on it (there were none when I took it), so be sure you know how to perform all the relevant tasks on the system itself.

Also, did you use the second-shot promotion when you registered? You'll get a free retake until the end of June if you fail.
  • Options
    I'm going to use the free exam voucher from DreamSparks, so I don't think I can use the second shot.
  • Options
    Good deal. If you fail, you can pay and register with the second shot promo. Then you'll get three attempts for the price of one. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking the 620 exam tomorrow and all i've used is CBT, stickys
    and Transcender tests. Will let you know if i feel its fully covered.
    I have the MS. Training kit too but after 2nd chapter i discovered old Ironman comics that easily side tracked me !
    D.S.
  • Options
    Tell me how it goes.
    Are the transcenders practice exams worth it? (70$ for 30day access)
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    All I used for the 620 exam was the MS Press book and a study guide from another forum, and I created my own study guide as well. I do love CBT Nuggets, but I thought it was overkill to purchase relatively expensive videos for this exam.

This exam is relatively easy in comparison to other MS exams, but don't underestimate it - since the subject matter isn't all that difficult, you will likely get tested on the nitty gritty details. I would suggest playing around with all the new-to-Vista features (Parental Controls, Meeting Space, Advanced Firewall) and really work through all the bits & pieces so you won't get knocked asunder by questions about whether to use deny all with exceptions or allow all with exceptions, which how to go about opening/preventing xyz access in the firewall, etc.

I totally recommend the MS Press book for this one. If you're thinking of spending $70 on transcender questions, then $30-40 for the MS Press book won't be too expensive for you - it comes with practice questions, and if you work through the labs/practices in the book, you'll be well prepared for the exam.

Good luck!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    babixg wrote: »
    Are the transcenders practice exams worth it? (70$ for 30day access)

They were pretty good. I'd definitely go with the 30-day access for this one. I usually buy the download version, so I can review occasionally. However, I blew through the 620 one once and never touched it again.
  • Options
    docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a score of 894, i thought the questions ranged from the very easy to
    a bit tricky. Passing the 70-270 XP exam helped a lot but i did spend a bit of time
    setting up a couple of test virtual Vista clients and playing about with firewalls,
    parental control, IE7, mail and networking.

Easiest MS. exam yet but not a walk over, still need to know stuff.

Good luck

D.S.