CCIE Study group- anyone?

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hey guys. I had the thought a little bit ago, when I saw this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccie/39588-ccie-r-s-study-partner-wanted.html

I was pretty much thinking that I would setup a simple mailing list on the server I host my blog at (sgtccie..in the signature), and maybe us TE guys could use it as an easy way to communicate during our studies. I am fairly certain we'd have a small group (10-15 to start), but I think that would probably be good, as it'd leave enough people to discuss things, but not too many. I realize there's other lists, but I just thought it'd be nice to have one that was mostly just us all.

Just wanted to gauge what you guys thought, and see if anyone is willing to join up. If I can get several people interested we can start it up and give it a test run for a while.

I should mention, it really doesn't matter where you are in your studies, or even if you are at the CCNP'ish level- it'd be good to have people communicating and learning amongst peers.

So......anyone?

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Scratch that idea! Oh well, win some you lose some.. :)
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi mrock4,
    Scratch that idea! Oh well, win some you lose some..

hey, dont feel bad!
    if you dont mind having me as a study partner - then count me in ;)

i'm not planning to do any lab soon, but the learning process wont do no harm.

how can i reach you? IM or something?
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I would be interested in some sort of study group. If you decide to move forward with something let us know.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mrock, you might want to give people more time to respond than one day over a holiday weekend icon_lol.gif
  • jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm doing CCVP stuff at this very moment, but I'd love to get back into the R&S realm.

Let me know!
    policy-map type inspect TACO
    class type inspect BELL
    drop log
    dynamik wrote: »
    Mrock, you might want to give people more time to respond than one day over a holiday weekend icon_lol.gif

Yeah my bad..I had to work over the weekend so I was bored :)

I'll see if I can work on something tomorrow and I'll get back with you all..keep the messages coming so once it's up I can PM those interested..
    Mailing list is created everybody. Title is quite deceiving: "CCIE Study Group"...

Bluehost offers 'basic' mailing list service, so you can send/receive to the list, and whatnot, but I'm still getting the kinks ironed out on the admin side. For now, I'll have to manually add any subscribers.

*That being said, if you want to subscribe to the mailing list..send me a PM here on Techexams with the e-mail address you wish to use. Once I add you, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail, you just click the link and verify your information, then you're good to go.

Hope to see several new subscribers soon!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So does this mean we're going to see an ONT pass post from you soon?
    dynamik wrote: »
    So does this mean we're going to see an ONT pass post from you soon?

QOS is a painful subject for me to study in general. Once I buckle down, it's easy, but the details are easily forgotten for me. That being said, I decided to take the ONT while in pursuit of the CCIE..as opposed to just studying the ONT material. Ironically, I am taking the CCIE written before I take the ONT. That would put me at taking ONT in September most likely, since I plan on the written in july or august. If I didn't have the pressure of passing the written in a couple of months then I would take the ONT first. If I was in a regular civilian job, I would have more of a motivation to gain the title of CCNP, but being in the military it really does me no benefit to be called a CCNP.

As usual, all things are subject to change, so we'll see how things pan out. Regardless I hope to hold the title of CCNP within a few months..but hopefully it'll be CCNP + CCIE candidate with a written pass.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would be happy to join your mailing list. Good luck with your studies everyone.
  • liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Count me in. In the middle of MPLS right now, but still have the CCIE in sight...
    blog.insomniacnetwork.com
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Count me into the study group as well :)

Finishing off CCIP at the moment.... but really eager to get cracking on my CCIE...

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • DzordzDzordz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK I am in :)

CCNP finished, read TCP/IP volume I and reading the Study Guide from Cisco press.
    Still accepting any others who'd like in on the study group. Got a nice little member list going thusfar.

Even if you're at the pro-level exams..it never hurts to read up on CCIE mailing lists, whether it's ours or another one.
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I may be a bit behind you guys...I'm taking BCMSN next week, then I have only BSCI left to finish off my CCNP. I'm considering doing the CCNA-Wireless, then the pro level wireless cert and then making my run for the CCIE-Wireless sometime in 2011. I'd still like to join the list, though, if you guys would have me. ;)

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
    Of course redwarrior..but only because you're a floridian ;) ..just kidding..

I think everyone is really on a different level in their own sense. Everyone has varying levels of expertise based on their personal experiences..so hopefully this mixture of experience can provide a forum for us all to learn from others...

That being said, shoot me your e-mail in a PM and I'll add you today.
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    :D I think it's good to have a mixture of skill levels in a study group if for no other reason than the noobs asking questions forces the more experienced members to think in order to be able to explain things. I moderate on another certification study site (mostly A+ and Network+) and sometimes the questions Network+ candidates ask get me thinking.

Thanks for including me! :D

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I wouldn't mind being on the mailing list...I don't have time to really pursue an IE now with my Masters and work but its something down the road. If you're taking mostly passive members count me in, I'm sure I'll chime in randomly.
  • kys0103kys0103 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    It's good to hear someone who is doing what I am doing.
    I am planning to take the CCIE exam on Aug.
    Right now, I am a member of another study group that uses Skype to communicate with other members and it is a great tool for online study group.
    Please let me in and I'd love to share my knowledge and skills.
  • PStefanovPStefanov Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Count me in! I am starting CCIE SP next week.
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested. PM sent.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    i'm interested in this. right now i'm working on the CCIP BGP exam. I am going on vacation next week, but I am interested in this. I am working on a lot of different projects right now, but my main project is creating tutorial videos using GNS3. You can go to my webpage below: ccieby30.wordress.com and check them out. I just started the videos, so I know I need to brush up on content and the material, and the labs are kind of "spur of the moment". not much preparation going into them. but let me know what you guys think! about the study group, my ultimate goal is CCIE: R&S which I will be pushing for hardcore after I finish my CCIP, which I plan to finish by the end of the summer.
  • grizzbear80grizzbear80 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey MRock PM sent !! I am Looking forward to having some help clearing the fog that rolls in when studying for the lab and working with you folks!
    "No, try not! Do, Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda