Options

COMEBACK2009 Question

eunickeeunicke Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, this is my first post so pardon the ignorance. If I get a discounted voucher from getcertified4less.com do I still qualify for the promotion? The vue website says if you pay for the exam at full price then you qualify. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    Hi Eunicke,
    I had the same question you did when I purchased my voucher from getcertified4less.com. Do I qualify even though I'm not paying full price?
    However, when you go to schedule your exam at VUE, and you type in your voucher code, it shows up on thier site as you paying full price.
    Also the support at getcertified4less.com assured me that we were covered.
    Now, I'm just waiting for the next batch of discounted vouchers which usually arrive at the end of the month. Hey, I'm all for a savings of $40! ($125 original price - $85 discounted price) ...and you get a free "do-over" if you fail. You can't beat that...!!!
    ICND2... Here I come! Well, hopefully... <big grin>
    Your friend,
    Paul
    ps. Is it me or are the forums a bit sluggish?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes you would qualify to use the COMEBACK2009 voucher because of the way it is implemented. The Microsoft Second Shot offer however would not work with a voucher from getcertified4less.com
  • Options
    eunickeeunicke Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for the information. I will be taking my CCENTsoon and just wanted a little insurance.
  • Options
    nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i don't know how u got it for 85$ when on the website says ...
    Regular price: 0.00 USD Our price: 125.00 USD
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    nasu wrote: »
    i don't know how u got it for 85$ when on the website says ...
    Regular price: 0.00 USD Our price: 125.00 USD
    Sometimes they have deals on vouchers that are about to expire.

Clearance
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    It's usually the last week of the month. You could always ask them in chat during business hours if they know when the next batch might be coming out.

Like Astorrs mentioned, when you purchase the discounted voucher, it is typically only good for 5-10 days. Take a VERY CLOSE LOOK at the expiration date. You have to take the test on that date (or before).

If you want to be informed of when the come out, sign up for thier mailing list. I get an email everytime they have vouchers on sale.

If you're just about ready to take your test, you can't beat it!

Good Luck!
    -Paul
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Same here, I have purchased them several times. You need to make sure your testing site has an open slot before you purchase them though.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you guys..also in order to use COMEBACK2009 you first have to fail you exam and then put that code. I tried to get the code in but says that. So first I go fail it and then use the promotion code ? that`s stupid.. somehow.. I should be able to get the code in right now when i schedule the first ICND1 no ?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    nasu wrote: »
    So first I go fail it and then use the promotion code ?
    Nope -- you should go pass it and not need the promotion code.

But if it turns out that your attempt was just a practice test (i.e., you failed) then you need to schedule your real attempt (the next attempt) -- that's when you enter the code (and they verify you had a qualifying fail).

I think it was Microsoft that had the 25% off your next exam if you passed on your first try -- or the free retest. So for Microsoft exams it did make sense since you got something -- pass or fail -- for that first exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Nope -- you should go pass it and not need the promotion code.

But if it turns out that your attempt was just a practice test (i.e., you failed) then you need to schedule your real attempt (the next attempt) -- that's when you enter the code (and they verify you had a qualifying fail).

I think it was Microsoft that had the 25% off your next exam if you passed on your first try -- or the free retest. So for Microsoft exams it did make sense since you got something -- pass or fail -- for that first exam.
    Yeah, why worry about the second chance when you can pass the first time. icon_scratch.gif