Options

Taking the 70-290

2»

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    loxleynew wrote: »
    Congrats skrpune! and GL fade!

I take it on June 26th. I feel like I know the stuff but not the questions they will ask. Does that make any sense? :)

Anyways nothing like forcing a test schedule to make me study more.
    Thanks, and I totally agree - once you've got that target date, it's SO much easier to get your butt moving on studying! What resources are you using?

F2B - I am kinda wishing I bought the CBT Nuggets series for MCSA, but I just couldn't resist the cheapie student prices on TestOut...I really do miss James Conrad though, he has got to be the best Nuggets teacher. How goes the studying?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    skrpune wrote: »
    I really do miss James Conrad though, he has got to be the best Nuggets teacher.

I dunno, I just started the ISA set and got my first exposure of Jeremy Cioara (wow, that sounded dirty). He gives James a run for his money. I think they put crack in these guys' coffee (like Fade's mom does with her ;)).
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks, and I totally agree - once you've got that target date, it's SO much easier to get your butt moving on studying! What resources are you using?

F2B - I am kinda wishing I bought the CBT Nuggets series for MCSA, but I just couldn't resist the cheapie student prices on TestOut...I really do miss James Conrad though, he has got to be the best Nuggets teacher. How goes the studying?

It's going well. I have a e-friend who works at Train Signal as well. He hooked be up with Transcenders too icon_thumright.gif

Also, James Conrad is awesome. I follow him on Twitter and I guess CBTn want's him to do a Photoshop series :D
    dynamik wrote: »
    I dunno, I just started the ISA set and got my first exposure of Jeremy Cioara (wow, that sounded dirty). He gives James a run for his money. I think they put crack in these guys' coffee (like Fade's mom does with her ;)).

That MJ is a sly one!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    GL with the exam F2B, am sure you will be fine icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405

mm I'm using the mspress book and some online podcasts from skillsoft that my company bought as our training. It's decent but I do miss transcenders. I might have to fork over the cash for that.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck to you guys! Hope to hear good news in the next few days!
  • Options
    KujoKujo Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I booked the test for 2:00 PM tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    Kujo wrote: »
    I booked the test for 2:00 PM tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    Good luck tomorrow Kujo, and good luck this weekend F2B!

• Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah give us the details guys, i might schedule this for Monday :)
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Officially scheduled for 6/13 @ 11A.M. icon_thumright.gif

Good luck to you!

For anyone who's wondering about what books are good study material for the 70-290, I found the MCSE Guide to Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment very helpful.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I failed. I got 644. I just missed by a few questions. I was feeling pretty confident too. There some questions that surprised me in that those questions were not covered in any of the study material I used. Some of the wording of the questions are tricky as well.

According to my test report, "Manage and Maintain Users...", and "...Disaster Recovery" screwed me over.

I'll study over those areas, and re-take in early next week with the MS second shot voucher.
  • Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bummer dude, hit the books and destory it with ur 2nd shot!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I failed. I got 644. I just missed by a few questions. I was feeling pretty confident too. There some questions that surprised me in that those questions were not covered in any of the study material I used. Some of the wording of the questions are tricky as well.

According to my test report, "Manage and Maintain Users...", and "...Disaster Recovery" screwed me over.

I'll study over those areas, and re-take in early next week with the MS second shot voucher.
    Sorry to hear that man - the funky disaster recovery questions threw me for a loop too. Good luck with the review, and go and kill that sucker next week!

• Options
    TechoBearTechoBear Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck with the exam i just passed mine afew days ago ! and there were a number of simulators which i found Quite easy ! ,And the Questions were much easier than 20-270,Just take it easy & read the questions carefully and you will do good !
  • Options
    Well, I passed! I didn't think I was going to since I didn't get to study as much as I wanted to. (Maybe 3-4 hours total for it) icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Way to go!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    damn, F2B giving the MCSA path the ol 1-2.

congrats!
  • Options
    Well, I passed! I didn't think I was going to since I didn't get to study as much as I wanted to. (Maybe 3-4 hours total for it) icon_thumright.gif
    awesome, congrats!!

• Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□

What do you mean 3-4 hours total? Are you talking about total time put in for studying for the exam?
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    What do you mean 3-4 hours total? Are you talking about total time put in for studying for the exam?

Yes, unfortunately life has gotten in the way lately so I wasn't able to but in a more time studying. I barely passed and was very lucky.
  • Options
    Yes, unfortunately life has gotten in the way lately so I wasn't able to but in a more time studying. I barely passed and was very lucky.
    hey, a pass is a pass, as the saying goes...and if you were able to pass without much review, then you must really know your stuff. Kudos to you! icon_cheers.gif

• Options
    I passed the exam easily today. Quite the relief. :D
  • Options
    I passed the exam easily today. Quite the relief. :D
    woohoo, congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    woohoo, congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks. Now studying for the Server+ Beta exam, which I'm taking before the end of the month. It's a shot at a free cert, so why not? :)