Options

70-623

JakkeJakke Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

First of all,long time 'viewer' on this forum which helped me alot in the past with my exams.

As i'm doing the vista exams, I still need to do 2 of them. I've allready have the 621 done. Next one up the is 623 and then the 624.

Is there any one who has taken the 623 exam? Any remarks or hot topics that I should know?

Comments

• Options
    Nobody took the exam yet? ^^
  • Options
    Thanks! When I used the seach I didn't found this... weird. Anyway;taking the exam tomorrow,so let see what it will be :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, the built-in search can be a bit flaky, especially with small strings. I just use google and filter by site: 623 site:techexams.net - Google Search icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just know where things are. It wasn't too hard, although expected, it was more difficult than the 70-620. As long as you know the basics then run through them with Vista, you'll be fine.

One other tip: Know the exact wording of things. Sometimes, they throw in very similar names for things and one isn't real. Registry Editor vs. Registry Editor Application are two different things to MS (very unthoughtful answer).

Know the little things: firewall, Windows Defender, start up process, remote assistance, Aero, devices (device manager, how to roll back a driver), system restore, etc... The major selling points for Vista. I've noticed that my MCTS/MCITP have been more marketing type things than the MCP exams (70-210 & 70-290).

Good luck!
  • Options
    jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jakke how did 623 go for you? I'm booked for next Mon 8th. Any last minute advice for things to focus on? It's about a year since I walked 620 and amazed how much I've forgotten cos i dont use it at work every day.

Any tips much appreciated!
  • Options
    LefanduchLefanduch Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to do the test this Saturday, i will give you some news.
  • Options
    Ive seen lots of simular topic on the 621 exam as in this one. This is more consumer based and lots of exp with vista & hands-on is a real benefit.

I had firewall questions, user questions etc. Afterall,this wasn't a difficult exam. Just make sure you read the questions easy as there is a lot of unrelevant info in them which you don't need.
  • Options
    LefanduchLefanduch Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have passed the exam with a score of 800! I had 100% in security and networking :p
  • Options
    jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Lefanduch!
    I passed 623 yesterday with 900/1000!! Had a perfect score on security and networking too icon_wink.gif
    For material I revisited my copy of TestOut 620 which covers things in enough depth for 623 as well and used the Exam Cram book.
    My advice to anyone is read the questions very carefully as some choices are very similar and could seem correct,and use your common sense icon_wink.gif