Options

Hyper-V and Vista

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
Has anyone been able to get Vista working with a mouse and NIC in Hyper-V?

I installed Vista Business and Ultimate under Hyper-V. It wouldn't do anything with the Integrated Services disk and wouldn't detect the mouse/NIC. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that's crazy simple! Thanks a ton for the link! I never knew the legacy adapter could be used without the driver disk.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It makes sense but the error message should be a little more helpful. Maybe Clippy should make a reappearance... I see you're using an unpatched version of Windows. Do you want to upgrade first? :D
  • Options
    FYI I tried this and after about 20 restarts due to updates, Vista Business was telling me it had all the updates. I confirmed it was just Vista Business with no service packs through winver.exe and that no service packs had been installed. I have no idea how to force it to find a service pack to update, but it wouldn't find one on its own, apparently. I ended up getting the Vista SP2 iso from Technet. I was able to install the integrated services on that.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    It's stuff like this that proves if you want to ensure you got all the patches, use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. Don't count on Windows update!
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that proves if you want to ensure you got all the patches, use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. Don't count on Windows update!
    I always wondered about that. Why doesn't Windows Update give you the same set of patches that MBSA recommends? The patches are obviously doing something important as otherwise MBSA wouldn't tell you to install them...