Options

That's all she wrote...

Scored an 822 on my 3rd attempt, just like you Elwood! Man, Microsofts scoring system sure is odd. I mean, how else did we get the same failing score on our 2nd attempt and then the same passing score on the 3rd? Hmmm.

Thanks to the 'Ratpack' as well as everyone at TE for the encouragement and well wishes. :)

Anyway, glad that's out of the way. I'm definitely ready to start studying new material. Onwards and upwards to the 70-294/70-297!
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Scored an 822 on my 3rd attempt, just like you Elwood! Man, Microsofts scoring system sure is odd. I mean, how else did we get the same failing score on our 2nd attempt and then the same passing score on the 3rd? Hmmm.

Thanks to the 'Ratpack' as well as everyone at TE for the encouragement and well wishes. :)

Anyway, glad that's out of the way. I'm definitely ready to start studying new material. Onwards and upwards to the 70-294/70-297!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I provided all the ground work for you one this one. icon_lol.gif

No, it was likely the same number of questions missed.

Congrats on the score and I will see you in the next area.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job on the exam!
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Congrats Gen icon_biggrin.gif

Another win for the Ratpack! I need to stop stalling and take this test. Since you know the test well, do you have any pointers?
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz genX, well done, way to stick with it...see you in 294!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Yeah! congrats!
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    Congrats Gen icon_biggrin.gif

Another win for the Ratpack! I need to stop stalling and take this test. Since you know the test well, do you have any pointers?

I've been trying to forget about it!!! Lol :)

Yes, I do have some pointers.

Be prepared & don't underestimate the exam. It really is a different beast than the 291.

Time management: Mark the ones you're unsure on and come back to them later. A lot of the questions are wordy, convoluted and specific on what they're asking for. All three tries I had 50 questions and that's just a lot to go through with so much to read.

PKI is heavily tested, know it inside and out. Lab this area a lot.

Security is BIG as well. Know all the different aspects of security from MBSA, WSUS, PKI, IPSec, Security Templates & RAP's.

Finally, if you haven't already, get Transcender and go through about 5-10 questions a day for a week or so. If you're getting 70% or better on a consistent basis, you're probably ready to give it a go. :)

Good luck and thanks!!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

It took me three attempts as well, definitely a hard exam. Good luck with the 294, unfortunately expect sort of the same wordy questions. I know it won't take you too long, your knocking these out at a good pace.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Congrats!

It took me three attempts as well, definitely a hard exam. Good luck with the 294, unfortunately expect sort of the same wordy questions. I know it won't take you too long, your knocking these out at a good pace.

Thanks for the encouragement NetAdmin, appreciate it! I thought I was on a good pace until this bugger of an exam. Started a week after getting my CCNA so that was around mid-January. Shooting for the 6 mos mark to complete MCSE: 2K3.

Better get crackin! :) Good luck on your 297!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Thanks for the encouragement NetAdmin, appreciate it! I thought I was on a good pace until this bugger of an exam. Started a week after getting my CCNA so that was around mid-January. Shooting for the 6 mos mark to complete MCSE: 2K3.

Better get crackin! :) Good luck on your 297!

Yeah, same thing for me. I was knocking out the MCSA exams at 1 per month....then the 293 and 294 kicked my teeth in and I've been sort of limping to the MCSE finish line.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Good luck going into the 294, that one can be a bit of a trip.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass Gen! Man, I need to get the lead out. I had to reschedule in order to take the Server+ Beta, but I can't let the Ratpack down.

Any of you guys losing any steam lately? I have a lot of things going on right now, work and family stuff, so staying motivated within this last month to month and a half has been a chore.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    Definitely been losing steam here... Since I passed I've barely cracked the 70-294 book! In 5 days I've spent about 2 hours studying. The only thing really keeping me going is the desire to finish as soon as possible. I want to enjoy summer!! I'm looking forward to a nice break after the MCSE. :)

Thanks Moto and good luck on your 293! Are you scheduled yet?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely been losing steam here... Since I passed I've barely cracked the 70-294 book! In 5 days I've spent about 2 hours studying. The only thing really keeping me going is the desire to finish as soon as possible. I want to enjoy summer!! I'm looking forward to a nice break after the MCSE. :)

Pick up the pace slacker! I'm not even done studying for my EA exam, and I've already made it 50 pages into both my SQL Server 2005 and ISA 2006 books. Coincidentally, I wasn't extraordinarily productive at work today...
  • Options
    LOL Thanks for the kick in the arse Dynamik. I'm gonna sit down with the book for a couple of hours tonight. Last night I ended up lab'ing for about an hour and a half so I'm picking up steam again. :)

SQL? ISA? Is there anything you don't want to know about? Lol
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LOL Thanks for the kick in the arse Dynamik. I'm gonna sit down with the book for a couple of hours tonight. Last night I ended up lab'ing for about an hour and a half so I'm picking up steam again. :)

I'm just teasing anyway. It's always good to take some time off to recharge. You'll end up losing more time if you push yourself non-stop. Just don't go too long or you will find it very difficult to get back into.
    SQL? ISA? Is there anything you don't want to know about? Lol

Not really. I like to know how everything fits together. OCD and ADD are a brutal combination. I'll probably be moving on to Cisco after I knock out those, along with Sharepoint. A CCIE or two should keep me occupied for another couple of years ;)
  • Options
    Way to play the best hand you can with the cards you've been dealt! :)
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Yes, I have it scheduled for this Friday. I need to hurry up and take this, first attempt, so at least I can gauge where I need to focus more on. It seems like I can't get caught up with so manny things going on at the moment and now we are moving homes...nuthin like added more to the plate.

I am actually looking forward the 294, AD is something that I need to get more in depth at. I have a whole boat load of MS webcasts downloaded that will be beneficial when I finally get 293 done with.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!