Options

Another Beast has been Slain

drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sat this exam this morning. I passed the 290 last month and set up a goal of conquering this baby by June. So I am extremely pleased. It's been hard finding the time to study, but just took advantage of any time I had. Things have been slightly crazy with my wife and I expecting triplets icon_eek.gif...icon_cheers.gif
It's great to have and be able to use all of the resources offered here including reading thru the forums about everyone's story

48 questions
1 SIM
mostly single answer multiple choice
just a handful of multi-answer

Score = 731. Not the best but its a pass. Since I still had 40 minutes left I decided to review some answers (against my better judgement) and ended up changing a couple answers, which ended up being a mistake, as those answers were correct before I changed themicon_sad.gif Stinks, cause I was shooting toward an 800 and could have been that much closer. oh well.

MCSA!!

Have Triplets, Need Beer

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hah, that's why I never review. Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    ...and my experience has been the exact opposite with reviewing - I rarely get a good night's sleep before an exam (I never sleep well to begin with), so I find that I make stupid mistakes or miss details and I tend to catch them on the second go around. I would have totally messed up two simulations today if I hadn't gone back to check them & make sure I took care of all the goals...I'm sure I would have scored lower if I hadn't gone for round 2.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! :) Great work! With all these success stories, it's really helping me be optimistic! :)
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Great job. Sounds like we had the same test.

k831
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job on the beast.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

What's next, 293?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    actually I'm now working on my SQL 2005 cert (70-431). I've been attending a computer school while unemployed and had only set out to get that MCSA and the MCTS with SQL. I am thinking of getting a book and studying for the 2008 upgrade exam while most of this stuff is fresh however one of the instructors in the school, although he took the 290 and 291 long ago, did not feel there was a lot of overlap. What do you guys think?

Have Triplets, Need Beer