Options

Chicago TE Get-Together 6/20/09

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You could always meet at a restaurant near O'Hare, in case anyone want to Fly in. :D And depending on how late you plan to be out, I'll be driving by there on my way home sometime that evening.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd be game. Certainly can't get much closer as I work in the loop normally....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    You could always meet at a restaurant near O'Hare, in case anyone want to Fly in. :D And depending on how late you plan to be out, I'll be driving by there on my way home sometime that evening.

Seeing as how Skrpune's married and will probably allow her husband to tag along, I really like what that does for my odds.

I mean... It'd be terrible to go all the way out there and not meet up with you Mike...

Oh, and it would also be convenient for MS. Look at me, always putting you guys first...
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    dynamik wrote: »
    Seeing as how Skrpune's married and will probably allow her husband to tag along, I really like what that does for my odds.

I mean... It'd be terrible to go all the way out there and not meet up with you Mike...

Oh, and it would also be convenient for MS. Look at me, always putting you guys first...
    Hey, who invited my husband? Can't a gal get a night off?? icon_wink.gif

...I kid, I kid...but seriously, I'll leave it up to the hubby as to whether he wants to chaperone, er, I mean, come along. He's usually one to keep a low profile and cherishes his time off at home, so I can't promise that "Mr. Skrpune" will come, but I will extend the invite.

I'm pretty much game for anywhere, but outside my neighborhood, I'm totally at a loss for places to go so I'll have to defer to those who are longer-term Chicagoland residents for recommendations on places we can gather. As long as it's within cab-range for me, I'm in. Although I still kinda wanna check out Marie's Golden Cue... icon_lol.gif

(But can we maybe look into places other than Hooters? I'm not sure I'm classy enough for that place. icon_wink.gif)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Well I guess 700 miles could be considered comparatively close from where you'd typically be coming from icon_lol.gif

I'm surprised you denoted the distance in miles though. I thought you were accustomed to that fancy system of measurement that is easily understandable and makes sense...

Nope... to me, a kilometer weighs the same as a bag of sugar... I may have that confused!
    Kam.
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you perchance referring to this one that came out when I was four?

The Lost Boys (1987)

That movie was AWESOME...We had the movie poster hanging in our house den in college in 1989....DANG I am old icon_rolleyes.gif

But that was when Jamie Gertz was HOTTTT!! icon_razz.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We still have a poster hanging in our house!! I love the two coreys!!
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Lou Malnatti's! That is if you guys want the best pizza Chicago has to offer. There's a few locations.
  • Options
    Mid-week bump 1/3.
    aordal wrote: »
    Lou Malnatti's! That is if you guys want the best pizza Chicago has to offer. There's a few locations.

I'm down with pizza icon_cool.gif

I'm not too picky though. I'll eat anything besides pickles and olives (well, within reason...)
  • Options
    Alrighty, so let's see if we can get a general idea of who is coming to our little soiree. I ran back through the thread and here's my summary:

IN:
    - dynamik
    - me (skrpune)
    - aordal
    - desertmouse

MAYBE:
    - eMeS
    - msteinhilber
    - mikej412

Have I missed anyone? (Apologies if I did, I did a quick run through so if I neglected to add you to the list, chalk it up to me being flighty & not a personal slight!) Anyone else want to join in? C'mon, the more the merrier!

...and am I really gonna be the only chick at this get together? Hey, tech ladies of Chicagoland, where's my girls at?!

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Hm, I could be up for this... I live about 3.5 hours south in Springfield, IL... What's the plan?
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    ...and am I really gonna be the only chick at this get together? Hey, tech ladies of Chicagoland, where's my girls at?!

Like anyone is remotely surprised by that. I can't believe we even got one icon_lol.gif

I'd be totally fine with opening up the group to non-tech ladies as well ;)
    leefdaddy wrote: »
    Hm, I could be up for this... I live about 3.5 hours south in Springfield, IL... What's the plan?

All the info is public in this thread; you know as much as we do. The only suggestion right now is the pizza place. It's up to the locals (you're close enough to count) to take initiative and offer up ideas.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Next TE Get Together should be here in Central Florida....we are close to the beach...and Disney...lol
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    Next TE Get Together should be here in Central Florida....we are close to the beach...and Disney...lol

Nothing about this is an officially sanctioned get-together. You're free to organize your own. I don't think we're drawing from the same pool of people, so I'm not worried about any competition ;)
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think we're drawing from the same pool of people, so I'm not worried about any competition ;)

Indeed. Because if we were then Florida might win, cause it's such an awesome place to visit. :D

I know that South Beach is excellent this time of year for bikinis..er.. I mean sunshine...
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Next TE Get Together should be.....
    Las Vegas!!

Even thought Chicago is more centrally located, more people would probably be willing go travel to Las Vegas. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Indeed. Because if we were then Florida might win, cause it's such an awesome place to visit. :D

I know that South Beach is excellent this time of year for bikinis..er.. I mean sunshine...

Well, I doubt anyone would want to see me in my banana hammock anyway, so I guess this way is for the best for everyone.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Las Vegas!!

Even thought Chicago is more centrally located, more people would probably be willing go travel to Las Vegas. :D

Speaking of that...
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm definitely out on this one...I have 5 weeks of back-to-back travel starting tomorrow...

MS
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Mid-week bump 1/3.

I'm down with pizza icon_cool.gif

I'm not too picky though. I'll eat anything besides pickles and olives (well, within reason...)

That is a scary list.... Even scarier is that I've tried lutefisk before. I hate seafood to begin with, so I was going to hate it no matter what.... Really it had no flavor it was just slimy.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    can someone spike dynamik's drink and take pictures of the results????

Hahaha i know its a very immature thing to do (but seriously do it).

Have fun guys and girls ;)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    Pash wrote: »
    can someone spike dynamik's drink and take pictures of the results????

Don't worry. I'm able to achieve similar results on my own (hopefully they leave me on a park bench in a safe part of town).

Midweek bump 2/3...
  • Options
    Don't worry. I'm able to achieve similar results on my own (hopefully they leave me on a park bench in a safe part of town).

Midweek bump 2/3...

If he passes out on a bench, make sure you steal his shoes!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Pash wrote: »
    If he passes out on a bench, make sure you steal his shoes!
    And write "TechExams.net" on his head with a black marker and then post the picture here. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    And write "TechExams.net" on his head with a black marker and then post the picture here. icon_lol.gif

haaahahha omg the amount of kudos that would be dished out for this, come on guys you have your date and oppurunity set!
  • Options
    On second thought, I think I'm going to stick with Diet Coke that night....
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□

A roofy is as roofy does.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options

...that I bring with me and never let out of my possession icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Quick Update:
    I won't be able to make it =( I have to fly to Denver friday night and I wont be back until late Monday. Sorry =/
  • Options
    Alright people, just one day away. Hopefully some people actually show up icon_lol.gif

If you're coming, please PM me your contact info.

P.S. Aordal sucks!
  • Options
    Okay so....
    IN:
    - dynamik
    - me (skrpune)
    - desertmouse

MAYBE:
    - leefdaddy
    - msteinhilber
    - mikej412

I've actually got Saturday off (woooo) and Mr Skrpune is probably coming too. So far the only strong suggestion we have is a pizza place, and other attendees are more than welcome.

Let's firm up who's coming and see if we can firm up the place too. I'll be working Friday from 8-5, but I should be able to pop online periodically to check in and try to get this thing coordinated.