Chicago TE Get-Together 6/20/09

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'll be at work all night
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dynamik wrote: »
    Alright people, just one day away. Hopefully some people actually show up icon_lol.gif
    Bye Dynamik. It was nice knowing you...
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    tiersten wrote: »
    Bye Dynamik. It was nice knowing you...
    Sssssssh, don't give away the plan! icon_wink.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    I'll be at work all night
    icon_sad.gif
    well how about during the daytime? We haven't really decided on a meeting place OR a time yet, so if you're available earlier in the day, maybe we can make something work.

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just made it in! (as I'm sure you can tell because of my day's worth of posts in the last 15 minutes)

I'll be sight-seeing, wandering around, and trying not to get mugged (if the rain lets up), so I'll be around all day too. We can also show up where you work and drink there. It's your call dude.
  • Options
    Ugh, why did skrpune's husband have to be into double-shots of Rumple Minze, and why did they keep bringing them?

Setting up my return trip for 9am was a bad idea. Hopefully I can find another way home icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Ugh, why did skrpune's husband have to be into double-shots of Rumple Minze, and why did they keep bringing them?

Setting up my return trip for 9am was a bad idea. Hopefully I can find another way home icon_lol.gif
    Hooray, you're alive!! I was a little worried we irreparably damaged you. Glad to see you're at least conscious enough to be posting this morning.

And um, yes, those double shots are deadly. There's a reason I only get single shots and tops two of 'em...and even then, woooooo, that stuff is strong! 100 proof I believe? icon_eek.gif While it's great that we know the bartender at that place, it's also very very dangerous. icon_lol.gif And I'm really glad I stopped drinking when I did, because my head doesn't feel nearly as large as the hubby's this morning.

All in all, a great get together. For all two of us. icon_rolleyes.gif Seriously though, it was a fun time and we missed those who weren't able to make it. Although you're all still bastards for cheesing out. ;)

...and a comment from my husband: "You all suck, you should have been here to help spread the liquor around!! Damn geeks!" :D

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    Hooray, you're alive!! I was a little worried we irreparably damaged you. Glad to see you're at least conscious enough to be posting this morning.

And um, yes, those double shots are deadly. There's a reason I only get single shots and tops two of 'em...and even then, woooooo, that stuff is strong! 100 proof I believe? icon_eek.gif While it's great that we know the bartender at that place, it's also very very dangerous. icon_lol.gif And I'm really glad I stopped drinking when I did, because my head doesn't feel nearly as large as the hubby's this morning.

All in all, a great get together. For all two of us. icon_rolleyes.gif Seriously though, it was a fun time and we missed those who weren't able to make it. Although you're all still bastards for cheesing out. ;)

...and a comment from my husband: "You all suck, you should have been here to help spread the liquor around!! Damn geeks!" :D

Believe me, if it was in Phoenix or close, I would've been there. But no bells though; that would be weird. icon_lol.gif Glad, you guys had fun though.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    If one of these get-togethers ever finds its way to New Orleans I'd be down in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, I believe we may have scared some folks away from the get together with all this talk of roofies, permanent marker, & park benches! icon_lol.gif
    Agent6376 wrote: »
    If one of these get-togethers ever finds its way to New Orleans I'd be down in a heartbeat.
    Hey, go for it! If you do it around mardi gras time (which I know has passed but there's always next year) you would probably get a good audience. This wasn't an 'official' get together or anything, so feel free to try to organize a geek gathering in your own local area.

I think we may be doing another Chicago get together in late July, more details to follow if that one does materialize...

• Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention...for the locals who didn't come to our get together, you TOTALLY missed out on me & dynamik getting dive-bombed by an angry mama bird outside the aquarium. Twice. Good times man, good times... icon_lol.gif

• Options
    Now that I think about it, I believe we may have scared some folks away from the get together with all this talk of roofies, permanent marker, & park benches! icon_lol.gif

Nah, we just had to separate the strong from the weak.
    Hey, go for it! If you do it around mardi gras time (which I know has passed but there's always next year) you would probably get a good audience. This wasn't an 'official' get together or anything, so feel free to try to organize a geek gathering in your own local area.

For sure. Take the initiative and contact a few people. Hopefully you have a little better luck with attendance icon_lol.gif
    I think we may be doing another Chicago get together in late July, more details to follow if that one does materialize...

I'll be back for Lollapalooza August 7-9. Hopefully that gives everyone enough time to recover. I'm still contemplating whether beer-hard liquor-sake-beer was the best strategy though icon_eek.gif
    Oh, and I forgot to mention...for the locals who didn't come to our get together, you TOTALLY missed out on me & dynamik getting dive-bombed by an angry mama bird outside the aquarium. Twice. Good times man, good times... icon_lol.gif

I noticed you left out the part where we saw other people being attacked by the bird and went over there anyway. Seriously though, that thing was brutal. It probably would have drawn blood had I not been wearing a ball cap.
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    and I put July 20th in my calendar... sorry guys. Sounds like I missed some good times! icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll be back for Lollapalooza August 7-9.

How about 3rd week in October or 2nd week in November? September could open up, but I wouldn't know until sometime in late August.

The Aquarium has a bar?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The Aquarium has a bar?

The party's wherever we're at icon_cool.gif