Options

Passed 70-620 Today..

babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just want thank you guys for all the help that I have received.

I went and wrote the exam today. I was so nervous because this is my very first IT certification exam ever.
I have to say though, the simulations were fun (I guess lets my eyes rest a little with a little color) but some of the sims I didn't really like the wording (but I guess it was alright)
Nevertheless, I pressed that submit button after 2 hours (I tried to take my time) and I was expecting to see my mark. Nope, had to do the survey first.

I got 871 on the exam. I don't know if that's good or bad since I don't know what it is out of and it's my first exam.

I want to go for the Server 2008 stuff next. But before then, just a question. Will the server 2008 exams be really hard (I know of course it will be a lot harder than vista but how hard?)

I'm also debating which one of the server 2008 exams will be good to get first? (640 or 642, 643 looks hard) and how long did most of you study for those?

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it. :)

Comments

• Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    babixg wrote: »
    Hi,

I just want thank you guys for all the help that I have received.

I went and wrote the exam today. I was so nervous because this is my very first IT certification exam ever.
    I have to say though, the simulations were fun (I guess lets my eyes rest a little with a little color) but some of the sims I didn't really like the wording (but I guess it was alright)
    Nevertheless, I pressed that submit button after 2 hours (I tried to take my time) and I was expecting to see my mark. Nope, had to do the survey first.

I got 871 on the exam. I don't know if that's good or bad since I don't know what it is out of and it's my first exam.

I want to go for the Server 2008 stuff next. But before then, just a question. Will the server 2008 exams be really hard (I know of course it will be a lot harder than vista but how hard?)

I'm also debating which one of the server 2008 exams will be good to get first? (640 or 642, 643 looks hard) and how long did most of you study for those?

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it. :)

Congrats!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I much prefer the simulations as well. The performance based labs are even better. I hate staring at a white screen full of multiple-choice questions over and over again. :)
    This gets me every single time. Seriously. I click it in anticipation and forget the survey comes first.
    Well Microsoft exams are scored so that 1000 means you got all of the graded questions correct (remember there are usually a handful of questions that are new and don't have any effect on your final score) and so that 700 is the minimum passing score. You can't equate it to "I got 87.1%" though since it doesn't really work like that. Sorry I can't really explain it any better than that without breaking NDA.

With that said 871 is a great score and you should be proud of it. Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    I'm also debating which one of the server 2008 exams will be good to get first?
    I would start with them in order as they in some ways build off each other. Active Directory first, then Network, then Applications.
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Okay, thanks.

Haha, I almost started on the 642 first because I took both 640 and 642 book out of the library, and the 642 looked a lot thinner. (hehee)...

In that case though, I guess it would be better if I start 640.

Astorrs, you live in Vancouver? Same here. Well, my home is in vancouver but I am studying at University of Waterloo right now.
    *Miss BC so much.

thanks