Options

Study Material

HallucinateHallucinate Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
What study material is best for this exam?

Comments

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    To be honest, it's hard to say. I bought the MS Press book for the 291, and it's good... but it's missing WSUS material, which is on the test. Perhaps there's a newer version of the MS Press book that has WSUS in it, but mine sure didn't.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    HallucinateHallucinate Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aside from the WSUS, MS Press alone is enough? Which version of the books do you have? I have the second edition.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe the second edition has a WSUS section at the end. Just install it and play around with it; it's straight-forward if you've worked with it.

I don't thing any single resource is ever enough. I'd add something else to the mix as well.
  • Options
    rlebahrlebah Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also include TestOut. Depending on how you learn...

Do you watch computer based training? (Cbt Nuggets or TrainSignal)
    Books (Syngress or MsPress)
    Virtual Software (To apply your knowledge)
    TestOut (Video's, Labs, Virtual Labs, Notes)

Talk with your job about Training Money and talk with Vendors about pricing. I use Examforce as an alternative to Transcender. Maybe even create a post for Training material with a particular vendor here to see if enough people sign up they will discount the fee? Than maybe someone can outline a 70-291 course and people can meet up online weekly to review.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd ask here.
    Is Examcram 2nd Ed. any good for training material? Just been offered a copy and wonder if it is comprehensive enough, except for WSUS. Seems a bit smaller than the other books (408 pgs).
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been using "MCSE Guide to Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network, Enhanced", along with Transcender, for the majority of my studies. Unfortunately the MCSE Guide book does not include information on WSUS, so I've been using MS Technet and other online sources, as well as the Transcender, to try to get a grasp on that topic.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!