Options

VMWare discounts for college students and recent graduates..

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
Just got an email today from VMWare, probably because I am currently on a trial run of Workstation..

VMware Academic Store

I just recently earned my Bachelor's so I qualify..Putting it out there in case someone else needs a discount..

I also think that if I wait until closer to my trial end date, I am likely to see a VERY good deal show up in my inbox from VMWare....

Hmmmmm....

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    pogue wrote: »
    also think that if I wait until closer to my trial end date, I am likely to see a VERY good deal show up in my inbox from VMWare....
    Nah, 40% is probably the best you're going to get no matter which way you buy it. I've only seen a 50% discount offered once (2 for 1 offer last year).

Alternatively you can spend $3150 to $5500 USD on a VMware training course and write the VCP exam and if you pass they will give you a FREE copy of Workstation. What a deal. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    We have recently setup VMware estore through e-academy, which offers the following Vmware software for free to our students for 1 year period.
    • VMware eLearning
    • VMware ESX vSphere 4 Advanced
    • VMware Fusion for Mac
    • VMware Workstation for Linux
    • VMware Workstation for Windows
    I would suggest you to inquire about free VMware products available to you through your Computer Science department.

or go Student Discount Software - OnTheHub - Your Deal. Always. and follow the link "Find your school Webstore" to find out if your school is on the list.