Options

My 70-640 Experience

So I've been preparing for this exam for about 3 weeks by using Trainsignal, CBT Nuggets and ExamCram book, and also MS Press as a reference. As well as some non-cert course books i had from work.

I didnt feel incredible about my studies. I dont really get AD CS and some other topics seemed out of place for this exam (RMS, Fed, to name a few)

So i took notes on the videos and reviewed them last night as well as went over some articles on technet about the different command line tools that are in server 2008.

I sat the exam this morning, at 10:30, took about 50 mins. Halfway through I felt pissed at myself cause i thought I didnt know this stuff as soon as the question appeared and it made me feel dumb.

Im not sure what happened though, as I closed my eyes waiting for my FAIL to appear and to my amazement I showed

Congratulations you passed!

Score: 925 / 1000

My sections panned out like:

Configuring DNS for AD: 100%

Configuring AD Infrastructure: 85%

Configuring Additional AD Roles: 100%

Creating and Maintaining AD Objects: 100%

Maintaining the AD Environment: 100%

AD Certificate Services: 60% (oopsie)

I knew i sucked at CS so thats not a huge surprise.

Time to relax and play some TF2!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great score, congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Congratulations you did well at the end :D
  • Options
    CNECNE Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Jordus and your notes are motivating toward my 640 studies!
    Thanx
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a nice looking score. Congrats
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    How do you see the section scores? In 83-640 I never saw that... or maybe I was soo damn happy to get a pass, I didn't see it :)

Awesome job by the way :)
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How do you see the section scores?
    Have a look at the printout you got from the testing center, it should show the section breakdowns (in bar charts)
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    ummmm .. nope no bar charts on 83-640

Just states a result as pass and my score?

But due to this being a VM/Multi choice exam it also states..."This is only a preliminary score report and is subject to review by Microsoft" so maybe it's different with the new exam format? But I guess they all have that on it.

Anyway, I have been sent everything and my exam transcript has been updated online. But I wouldn't have mind seeing how I did in each section.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete