Options

CIW certifications [or other Webdesign certs]

After I complete the A+ I would like to get some sort of Webdesign cert. I have a great deal of Webdesign and Web work under my belt and believe it would be valuble to get some sort of certification in that area. I would like to show companies that I'm not just a one stunt pony. :)

I noticed the CIW certs and didn't know if that was a good way to go or not.

Let me hear what you've got in mind.

Thanks,
- Chris
WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually currently hold 2 CIW certs, im a CIW v5 Associate and a CIW Professional (Site Designer). I'm not a web designer of any kind and have never seen these on any job boards. I only took them because I needed them for school.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    have never seen these on any job boards
    And that's the unfortunate reality of CIW certs.
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    And that's the unfortunate reality of CIW certs.

Thats so true
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    So the reality is that they're not really looked at as far as a resume goes?
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to get it anyway myself as it is the only Perl certification I know of and i am a Perl programmer.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not a web development guy myself, but wouldn't a portfolio (with permission of course) of your work with live examples (where possible) of any database driven/interactive websites that you have developed or assisted with be a great way to show potential employers your skills?