Options

647 Down - EA Complete

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Nothing too exciting.

48 questions in an hour for a 872.

I skimmed the MS Press book and ran through Transcender once.

Now I'm looking at Sharepoint, SQL Server, and/or ISA.

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Jeez, you cruised through that EA pretty quick. Thanks for making me feel like a total slacker icon_thumright.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    "Passed"

AGAIN... sheesh can't you do something interesting like intentionally get all the questions wrong and go for a perfect 0? Where's the suspense?

They're even talking about killing off Jack Bauer in 24 next year to show that he's human... when are you going to prove to us you're not a machine? ;)

Oh yeah and icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Jeez, you cruised through that EA pretty quick. Thanks for making me feel like a total slacker icon_thumright.gif

I passed my 620 last June, so it's taken a year for the other two...
    astorrs wrote: »
    "Passed"

AGAIN... sheesh can't you do something interesting like intentionally get all the questions wrong and go for a perfect 0? Where's the suspense?

They're even talking about killing off Jack Bauer in 24 next year to show that he's human... when are you going to prove to us you're not a machine? ;)

That's not at all hypocritical coming from the guy who blew through his MCSE in a matter of weeks... ;)
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the club!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    Now I'm looking at Sharepoint, SQL Server, and/or ISA.
    Yes, but what are you doing with the rest of tomorrow afternoon?

Congrats on the pass, buddy, along with your spiffy new title as MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Enterprise Administrator. icon_thumright.gif

I can't help but think of Star Trek every time I hear that... :)

Congrats Andrew!
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Stardate 15-6-93-6.....Its becoming increasingly difficult to tolerate Dynamiks ability to pass exams in his sleep.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Way to go Dynamik!!!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! I'm really trying to find some sort of motivation to get my ass in gear...Maybe everybody flying by me cert-wise will get me going?

PS, I found ISA to be pretty neat.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats (yet again).

I agree with astorrs, go for the perfect 0 next time matey and spice up your exam experiences a bit, all these passes make you seem really dull ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It really wasn't a big deal though. I'm echoing HeroPsycho's sentiments and just feel relieved to get it out of the way. There really wasn't any excitement like finishing the MCSE.
    snadam wrote: »
    congrats!!! I'm really trying to find some sort of motivation to get my ass in gear...Maybe everybody flying by me cert-wise will get me going?

It hasn't seemed to have helped for quite awhile ;) Are 294 and 298 seriously all you have left for your MCSE? You should be able to knock those out like nothing.
    bertieb wrote: »
    I agree with astorrs, go for the perfect 0 next time matey and spice up your exam experiences a bit, all these passes make you seem really dull ;)

Heh, I think I'll leave that little experiment to someone else. My drive to the test center is now about 90 minutes, so I'm not too keen on making any unnecessary trips out there. Maybe I'll start drinking again, so I'll appear to be a bit more interesting ;)
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I passed my 620 last June, so it's taken a year for the other two...

I love how you make it sound like them are the only exams you've passed in the last year. Psst, you forgot to mention the other 10 or so exams you've passed. icon_smile.gif

A+ on trying to downplay it though icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    I only brag about being humble ;)
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like the idea of a 0% challenge :) I think it is as hard as it is to score 1000/1000 ... I mean you have to know everything in order to KNOW which ones are not right :)

Use the second shot and go for it LOL ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I disagree. On the ones you don't know you'd at least be able to deduce enough to have a higher chance of getting it wrong than of getting it right.

Congratulations on the EA! Man, I'm getting left in the dust here. Hurry up and find some women to distract you so that we can catch up. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work per usual! Did you do the Win 7 Beta exam as well?
  • Options
    Did you do the Win 7 Beta exam as well?

Ok, this might be a safe time to talk about that. I forgot about my 649 and had that scheduled after the Windows 7 beta on that last day that it was offered. I ended up taking a no-show for Windows 7, so I could review for 649. There was such a commotion over people not getting into the beta, I was worried I might get a lynch mob after me if the truth came out icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Geez, I'm getting kinda tired of saying this, but congrats man! ;)
    Ok, this might be a safe time to talk about that. I forgot about my 649 and had that scheduled after the Windows 7 beta on that last day that it was offered. I ended up taking a no-show for Windows 7, so I could review for 649. There was such a commotion over people not getting into the beta, I was worried I might get a lynch mob after me if the truth came out icon_lol.gif
    Wow, I'm surprised you fessed up - I'm sure there are some people out there that are a still bit hot under the collar over the beta "controversy" but I think you're pretty safe now.
    (Although you may have wanted to wait until AFTER our Chi-town get together so as to lessen the possibility of that lynch mob being able to actually find you in person. icon_eek.gif)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    skrpune wrote: »
    Geez, I'm getting kinda tired of saying this, but congrats man!

Ditto...I am tired of tell him Congrats :)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

It hasn't seemed to have helped for quite awhile ;) Are 294 and 298 seriously all you have left for your MCSE? You should be able to knock those out like nothing.

Yea yea yea, I know...Ive been telling myself Monday is the day I sit down and go. Im actually setting up my lab right now for it. Maybe if people keep giving me crap about it, I might just go do it.

PS sorry for the thread hijack... icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    mad82mad82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    I disagree. On the ones you don't know you'd at least be able to deduce enough to have a higher chance of getting it wrong than of getting it right.

Congratulations on the EA! Man, I'm getting left in the dust here. Hurry up and find some women to distract you so that we can catch up. :)

had a bio teacher in high school who would give 2 true/false tests a year. if you made a 0/100, he would give you 200/100. if you made a 1/100, well...sucks for you. he said nobody has intentionally tried to get the 0 but some came close unintentionally.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637

I think most people are glad you skipped the beta so as not to ruin the curve for the rest of us.icon_razz.gif

Yes, I raised a stink about not getting into the beta at first, but I did get in after they opened up more seats. If I didn't get in, I wouldn't have bothered putting together a study guide, so consider that my penance for whining.

Oh yeah, congrats on the EA! Kind of anti-climactic isn't it?
  • Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dynamik

How do you rate this exam. Am i right in thinking this is quite design based? Dont forget i have mine booked for next week. Started reading MS press book on monday. Penny still hasnt dropped for me with ipv6, which the first chapter hammered. In comparision to 649 we both did recently. How did it compare? difficulty wise / type of questions?

Congrats anyway. Pressure really on me now
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    Yea, it is focused on design, but it's not in the design format that 297 and 298 used. I think it was easier than 649, but it still had a few challenging questions. Good luck with your exam.