Options

how to slay the beast

The ShadowThe Shadow Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
I getting ready to slay the 70-291 beast, and I need some direction. I signed up to take exam on June 19th, If I don't pass it on the first try (which won't supprise me), I am going to take advantage of the second shot offer.

I've narrowed the question sets I want to use down to three:

Transcenders - $99
uCertify - $90 (what I like about ucertify is that if you don't pass your exam on the first try, they will refund your payment, no questions asked)
Test King - $69

If anyone could give me thoughts or advanced on any of these questions sets, I would be grateful.

This is will be my last exam, then I'll have my MCSA. I've already passed Security+ for my elective.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The Shadow wrote: »
    I getting ready to slay the 70-291 beast, and I need some direction. I signed up to take exam on June 19th, If I don't pass it on the first try (which won't supprise me), I am going to take advantage of the second shot offer.

I've narrowed the question sets I want to use down to three:

Transcenders - $99
    uCertify - $90 (what I like about ucertify is that if you don't pass your exam on the first try, they will refund your payment, no questions asked)
    Test King - $69

If anyone could give me thoughts or advanced on any of these questions sets, I would be grateful.

This is will be my last exam, then I'll have my MCSA. I've already passed Security+ for my elective.
    The first two sets of practice exams are good, but the third definitely one to steer clear of. That particular vendor is known for providing braindumps, a test bank with stolen questions and answers from real exams used to help people **** on their exams to obtain certs they don't deserve. (Check with CertGuard when shopping online for "practice exams" that seem too good to be true.) My honest advice is to stick with the first one, I don't know how good uCertify is, but Transcender is top-notch. What other training material are you using, besides practice exams?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender hands-down. You can get cheaper access if you only go with the 30-day version, and they offer a guarantee as well (though you might want to check what the terms are). Never used ucertify, but TK is a **** that literally makes you a cheater, so avoid that one at all costs.
  • Options
    I used uCeritfy for my 70-270 and just barely passed, (not that it matters to me, passing is passing), but I didn't anything on the real exam, that was covered in the practice exams.

I used uCertify again for my 70-290, and I failed it. I got my money back, and just studied the areas I was week in. I used the second shot offer and I passed the 70-290 today. There were about six questions that I just had to guess on.

I friend of mine is going for the MCITP: DBA and he's using Transender; and so far he's passed both exam on the first try. A co-worker of my is going for his MCSA too, and he used Transender for his 70-290 and he failed it. He said he didn't see anything on the real exam that was covered the practice exams.

I'll give Transendor a shot and if I fail it, then I'll go back to uCertify. Hopefully I won't have to take 70-291 more than twice, if I do, then I have no clue which question set to use.

Thanks for the heads up about Test King, I'll be sure to stay far away from them.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ** He said he didn't see anything on the real exam that was covered the practice exams.**

You wouldnt unless it was a ****. Practice exams are there to do just that, practice, not give you actual exam questions. Transcender tests, IMO, are generally harder than the real exam.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    ** He said he didn't see anything on the real exam that was covered the practice exams.**

You wouldnt unless it was a ****. Practice exams are there to do just that, practice, not give you actual exam questions. Transcender tests, IMO, are generally harder than the real exam.

I meant as far as topics are concerned, not actual questions.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Shadow wrote: »
    I meant as far as topics are concerned, not actual questions.

I'm not sure what he's referring to then since it more than adequately addressed most, if not all, of the topics.
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Transcender for the 70-290 and passed. It was definitely harder than the actual exam. I'm currently using it for the 70-291. I've just finished reading the MCSE Guide 70-291 book, and it's been a pretty good source (although it didn't cover WSUS). I've heard another good resource is the MS Press book, although I haven't used it.

Good luck to you! My appointment with The Beast is on June 15th. And like you, I'm registered for the Second Shot offer incase it slays me the first time around. :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Transcender since I failed my first test (70-210) way back in 2000 and I haven't failed a test since (not that I've taken nearly as many as some of the people here).

They go above and beyond what you need to know to give a clear understanding of the topics, so by the time you take the test, the test actually seems simple.

Plus they give you a 90 day guarantee, which is the best in the testing software industry. Couple that with the second shot offer by MS and you'll get your moneys worth.
  • Options
    Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    Don't memorize questions and answers and you're golden with Transcender. Read what's right and what's wrong and why the answers are what they are.
  • Options
    massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone knows if the second shoot offer will expire this month??
    Im still studying for the beast(70-291), but i've not completed to read all the training, so i worry if i not take the exam this month i have no opportunity to take it second time...someone have some news about that??
    i want to slay the beasttttttttttt lolicon_study.gif
  • Options
    HallucinateHallucinate Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it expires June 30th.
  • Options
    babamalik99babamalik99 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    personally i will suggest you get the VTC for the exam, is what am currently using to break the jinx of meeting the 30th june deadline for my 70-291 exam. i have 3 yrs hands-on experience. but this exam had been so scarry for for the past 14 months. i had registered and canncelled more than thrice. but now i must encountered the exam. And i have used many other products, but recently found that the VTC is sinking well to my brain. try it too
    best of Luck