Free Technet Subs

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cool. Is there any difference in what you get compared to the regular Technet Plus membership?
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Cool. Is there any difference in what you get compared to the regular Technet Plus membership?

it LOOKS like you get the medias as well .. I am not sure ... But the downloads were working as soon as you signed up... You get the subs ID you use to unlock the subscription and job done ....

And to proof it, it is legit, here the confirmation mail I received :
    Please keep this e-mail for your records.

Thank you for ordering from Microsoft. See the instructions below for more information about your order.

New Subscriptions
    If this is a new subscription, once processing of your payment is completed, you will receive a second email confirmation. Within 48 hours of the processing of your payment, you will receive a third email with instructions for how to access your online benefits and additional program information.

Renewals and Upgrades
    If you are renewing or upgrading a subscription you can continue using your current subscription until your current subscription expires while your payment is being processed. Once processing of your payment is completed, you will receive a second email confirmation. Within 48 hours of the processing of your payment, you will receive a third email with program information, including online benefit access and information of your subscription. If your current subscription expiry date passes before your payment is processed you may not have access to your online benefits during this time.

Your order details:

Ordered From: TechNet EMEA
    Order Number: XXXXX
    Order Date: 3 June 2009 10:30:32

Part Number: TCEPNNONE
    Product Name: TechNet Plus Consumer Service Professional Pilot

Doesn't say much about the content either .. But to be honest, I didn't read the terms and condition during setup :):) I just wanted to see if it works LOL ....

And the Payment they are referring to was £0 in my case :)

Edit: Add the Canada link as well !
    lol - the expiration date is class

140_Capture.png
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    lol - the expiration date is class

140_Capture.png

icon_lol.gif

Worked great for me too! Thanks for the link!!!icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont like the look of this folks, despite receipt of the automailer with order no. etc.
    The template doesnt fit the MS look on the site, in fact it looks awful, and it could be a sophisticated way to capture your Windows live credentials.
    The lack of content description is a bit suspect too. Will be interesting to see if the 2nd and 3rd emails turn up.
  • BazWalBazWal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Signed up too but there seems to be a general problem accessing Product Keys....
    WIP - CCENT
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Worked great for me! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    jay754 wrote: »
    I dont like the look of this folks, despite receipt of the automailer with order no. etc.
    The template doesnt fit the MS look on the site, in fact it looks awful, and it could be a sophisticated way to capture your Windows live credentials.
    The lack of content description is a bit suspect too. Will be interesting to see if the 2nd and 3rd emails turn up.
    It isn't trying to harvest your credentials. Its a legitimate Microsoft site. As for whether this is a screw up regarding price I've no idea.
  • nash0924nash0924 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Screw up or not..It is still open and i signed up.

Thanks.
    WIP: MSc.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can not get it because I do not live in any of those countries icon_mad.gif
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I have to run off to a meeting, so I signed up for this in like 2 seconds without doing any research. Things that are too good to be true usually are.. :) We'll see if I just spammed myself.
    jay754 wrote: »

It is from a legit microsoft.com domain so I don't think there is a problem.

I mean this is also officially Microsoft : http://microsoft.download-ss.com/ - that surely doesn't look professional either :)

What I did read in some blog though is, that apparently some techi website found out that his is free for only three month ...

No idea .. I mean what have you got to lose ey ....
  • cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    "Error
    We are unable to validate your customer information and proceed with your order at this time."

Sad

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    I got the same error too. That sucks.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I could generate keys but no downloads were available. icon_sad.gif
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Microsoft have posted an alert on the technet site stating system slowness. So looks like it will work when this is resolved :)

TechNet Plus Subscriptions
    Alert - Error

Duration (GMT-icon_cool.gif: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:37:35 AM To (GMT-icon_cool.gif: Unknown

Last Updated (GMT-icon_cool.gif: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:38:41 AM

Benefit or Service: Impact:

* Product key access

* System slowness or access is being investigated

User Action:

* We are working to get this issue resolved. Thank you for your patience.
    WIP - CCENT
    Its working now.... Happy Days :)
    WIP - CCENT
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    its not working for me. I wonder whats going on if the us link isnt working and the others are.
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Still not working here either...heh
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I new I should have checked TE when I first came to work today. Getting nothing but error when I submit.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    awesome! Glad I didn't shell out the bucks for this a month or two ago. I had to try twice to get my order to process (I got all the way through to the submitting part & then got an error page) but it went through - I imagine they're getting MASSIVE traffic now that the word it out on this free offer.

Maybe this is their way of making us forget about the second shot offer expiration?

EDIT: I spoke too soon, I thought I was done but I'm still having issues getting this to go through...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Edit:

Wow, everything is working now! I can finally realize my dream of running Windows 3.1 :)
    Can't even get to the webserver now :^)
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
    well, it's official...the links are now dead...

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    OK so my friend just called and found out that this was an invite only kinda thing and only those who have registered and had the email sent to them from this point on are going to be able to get it. SUCKS!!!
  • joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    I just got it. I have been trying ALL morning. I have been just clicking the back arrow everytime I got the error message to get back to the submit page. I have probably submitted 50 times this morning each time going back. The time stamp on my order receipt is 10:28 although it is right now 12:30............
    joey74055 wrote: »
    I just got it. I have been trying ALL morning. I have been just clicking the back arrow everytime I got the error message to get back to the submit page. I have probably submitted 50 times this morning each time going back. The time stamp on my order receipt is 10:28 although it is right now 12:30............
    okay, weird...I just pulled up the registration page from my FF history, and I was able to get this to go through! And I think the time it's showing is west coast time - it shows 10:35 am for me, and I'm at 12:35 central.

And I was able to get a product key as well, although I got an error (system slowness) at first.

Yep, pulled up through history, worked great. Showed 10:58 for me.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA