Free Technet Subs

2»

Comments

• t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    sweet i was able to get mines registered.
    Wow, everything is working now! I can finally realize my dream of running Windows 3.1 icon_smile.gif
    Windows 3.1 here i come icon_cheers.gif
    Knowledge is Power.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I was able to get mine through my browser history to I am happy now. Any Idea how long this is suupose to last? I heard its a 3 month subscription?
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Woo-hoo! I had to go in through history as well, good looking out Skyprune icon_thumright.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm assuming once they took the front page down, most people stopped registering. Except those of us smart enough to use the history.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a little late to this party, so no history icon_neutral.gif
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're apparently not missing anything. Looks like they've killed access to downloads and to keys.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
    I was going to give you my history. Guess at that point I was logged in with my LIVE ID :^/.

-I just logged in and all that stuff. Yep, I think they killed everything :^D.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ah looks like they killed everything icon_sad.gif
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    well crap. At least I was able to snag a Vista Ultimate key while I had access...better than nothing I suppose.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • nash0924nash0924 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I should have downloaded a key too icon_sad.gif
    WIP: MSc.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I figured they would do something like this so I grabbed a bunch of keys.
    I got windows xp 32 and 64, media center, vista ultimate, server 03 enterprise and standard, server08, exchange 07, windows home server, sharepoint server 07, and office 03 pro. Do they work. That is yet to be determined but I tried grabbing as many as I could while i could.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They amend the expiration date

968_Capture.png

That'll be European date though, February 6th 2010 .. not bad for something free ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    They amend the expiration date

968_Capture.png

That'll be European date though, February 6th 2010 .. not bad for something free ...
    Don't get too comfortable (or maybe don't wait too long to download everything ;)) they're working their way through all the ones that were created through those 3 links and deactivating them all. This was a private beta for IT pros that support small business and individual users and had a feedback/research component, etc, it was never supposed to be open to the general public. icon_cry.gif
    astorrs wrote: »
    Don't get too comfortable (or maybe don't wait too long to download everything ;)) they're working their way through all the ones that were created through those 3 links and deactivating them all. This was a private beta for IT pros that support small business and individual users and had a feedback/research component, etc, it was never supposed to be open to the general public. icon_cry.gif

Ah well ... got a technet through the Momentum project anyway, plus a Universal MSDN and SPLA scheme anyway as well .. personally I am covered .. *whistles*

Ah well ... got a technet through the Momentum project anyway, plus a Universal MSDN and SPLA scheme anyway as well .. personally I am covered .. *whistles*
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

Hehe. I was going to say that I simply bought a real sub, so I didn't have to deal with all this drama icon_lol.gif

This was definitely an entertaining read though! All the twists made it quite suspenseful!
    dynamik wrote: »
    Hehe. I was going to say that I simply bought a real sub, so I didn't have to deal with all this drama icon_lol.gif

This was definitely an entertaining read though! All the twists made it quite suspenseful!

Yea I always said I wouldn't mind buying my own subs .. just never had to icon_clown.gif

You were right indeed
    An Error Has Occurred
    We were unable to locate the benefit that you were trying to claim in your benefit list.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea I always said I wouldn't mind buying my own subs .. just never had to icon_clown.gif

I get reimbursed :D
    dynamik wrote: »
    I get reimbursed :D

That works too :D
    Awwwwwwwwwwww..............

Microsoft contracted with us, Intrepid Consultants, Inc, to conduct the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program research and manage the activities of the pilot study. Our records show that you have recently signed up for a free TechNet Plus subscription through a registration link that was made available without authorization on a public blog.

The registration link is part of a proprietary study and the party that shared the information was in violation of the terms and conditions to which they agreed to participate in the study. Membership to the Pilot study is limited and all members of the program are required to first meet survey requirements and then complete tasks and assignments over a two month period in order to qualify for and have access to the free TechNet Plus subscription. Since this was a privately conducted pilot study, at no time was it ever intended that a free TechNet Plus registration link would appear on a public internet site, which was done in violation of the terms to which participants agreed upon registering to participate in the pilot study.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but for this reason, we have deactivated your subscription, as well as all other subscriptions resulting from the unauthorized publication of the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program registration link on a public blog. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Intrepid Consultants Team
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
    Yeah I got that today too. :D I wonder what's going to happen to the person who posted that on their blog?
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Why did you edit out the part of the email where they mention putting a hit out on Gomjaba? ;)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You guy's could just look up the IT Pro Momentum program Jordus mentioned a while back and get a free subscription that way.
    a free subscription by paying for something? Never!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
    You guy's could just look up the IT Pro Momentum program Jordus mentioned a while back and get a free subscription that way.

I emailed that guy over a week ago and haven't heard anything back from him. I also emailed the address on this page sometime last week, maybe I'll hear something back?

IT Pro Momentum Program Blog
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    It took me two weeks to get a response, Arwes.