Options

BSCI practice exams

hobson7hobson7 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently studying to sit BSCI. I've not booked the exam yet.

My trouble is that I tend to over-prepare. I know that's not a bad thing, but I need to get my CCNP as soon as possible.

I've been using the BSCI Self-Study Cisco book, and answer the questions at the end of each chapter fine. But, these questions don't reflect the exam style of questions.

What would really help would be a good resource to test my knowledge at the level of difficulty that I should expect in the exam. Are the questions in the Exam Certification Guide CD good for this? If so, I'll get that book.

I've got a PDF of exam questions from a site that appears to be censored here (it's to do with MODERATED
). I don't use these for studying, just testing my knowledge.

So, any advice on practice exams for BSCI, etc?

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hobson7 wrote: »
    I've got a PDF of exam questions from a site that appears to be censored here (it's to do with Killing Certs). I don't use these for studying, just testing my knowledge.

Those are called braindumps, and they're censored here because the use of them is cheating. You won't find help from the members here, as this is an anti-braindump site.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Well, my time here hasn't started well. icon_sad.gif

I've made it quite clear that I'm using the official BSCI self-study resouce for study (as well as simulators). I'm not using the site for brain-****, but for exam practice. I had no idea of the status of these in the eyes of Cisco, etc.

It's fine that you don't endorse brain-dumping sites. If not, then what other resource I should use for exam practice. (which was my original question)?

Cheers,
    Richard
  • Options
    SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    Nothing beats hands on.
  • Options
    Sirsamon wrote: »
    Nothing beats hands on.
    Yes, thanks, I'm using GNS3 for "hands on".

Is asking what I could use for exam question practice also an outlawed question in this site?
  • Options
    Is asking what I could use for exam question practice also an outlawed question in this site?

Of course not. I typically use Transcender, but there is Prep Logic, Measure Up, Self Test Software, and probably several others. If you want to check whether a resource is legitimate or not, search here: Search
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Of course not. I typically use Transcender, but there is Prep Logic, Measure Up, Self Test Software, and probably several others. If you want to check whether a resource is legitimate or not, search here: Search
    Thanks very much. I'll check those out.
  • Options
    No problem. Don't worry about getting off to a rocky start; it's not uncommon.

Everyone will forget all about it after a few thousand posts (kidding). Welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    No problem. Don't worry about getting off to a rocky start; it's not uncommon.

Everyone will forget all about it after a few thousand posts (kidding). Welcome to the forums :D
    Thanks. :)

Reading through some old threads has been helpful already.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Pick up the lab book for the exam, and then do all of the labs. That will be good practice also
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've got a PDF of exam questions from a site that appears to be censored here (it's to do with MODERATED
    ). I don't use these for studying, just testing my knowledge.
    So let me see if I've got this straight.

You study for a bit, and then you still **** before taking the exam?

For the Record -- the exam is supposed to be testing your knowledge. Buying/Stealing the exam questions and answers before and exam is called CHEATING.

And the FILTER is to prevent the ****/**** Sites from spamming us to help move their rankings up in the search engine. I haven't figured out why CHEATERS and SPAMMERS feel the need to complain about the filter in their posts and try to bypass them -- the ****/****/SPAM threads usually get deleted.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
This discussion has been closed.