Options

Why so expensive?

qp81qp81 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was looking at a Cisco Press Frame Relay Solutions Guide both on eBay and Amazon....what I don't understand is why does this book cost so much? A seller on eBay is asking $190 for the book and 3 sellers on Amazon for 150 - 180 range...They are used etc...so what gives?

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cisco Frame Relay Solutions Guide - $52.00

Looks like it is out of print. I guess the sellers are using that as an excuse to jack up the price

If you have Safari, it is still there in electronic form

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/1587051168
  • Options
    qp81qp81 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sigh...i figured taht much ....waht a markup....although i like ebooks...i'd much rather have the physical books....guess i'll have to shell out on this one :p
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    "Someone" has it listed for $89.99 at half.com. ;)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The nice thing about the outrageous used book prices -- one silly expensive used book like a used $400-500 copy of JNCIE Juniper Networks Certification Study Guide justifies buying an outrageously priced Kindel DX -- especially since the PDFs are available for free download from Juniper. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe it'll be in even greater demand once you're done with it, and you'll end up making money when you resell it!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    mikej412 wrote: »
    one silly expensive used book like a used $400-500 copy of JNCIE Juniper Networks Certification Study Guide justifies buying an outrageously priced Kindel DX
    Mmm... I like the way you think! :D

Somebody in another department got around the whole eBook only on your computer issue by ordering somebody to take a digital photo of each page, crop, resize, correct levels, paste into a huge Word doc and then print it out...
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I know this isnt the book you were looking for but it still might be something worth reading.

Cisco Configuration and Truble Shooting Frame Relay
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison