Options

PSTN Cloud / Telco Simulator

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just curios as to what you guys use to simulate the telco side in the lab / test environments.

I recently reworked the PSTN cloud portion of the lab – Ended up using an IAD2431-16FXS to provide analog dial-tone / E1 PRI services, and a few 1760s for network side T1 PRIs (will consolidated these with a single router at some point). I connected the IAD directly to a telco 66-block and terminated @ a standard patch panel, 2 voice channels per jack. From there I modified some patch cables w/RJ-11 ends for easy distribution to the various FXO ports throughout the lab. While probably not 100% necessary, it was a fun project! Also doubles as a fantastic tool for testing configs on production voice routers. I’ll be adding SIP to the cloud next.
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pitviper wrote: »
    Just curios as to what you guys use to simulate the telco side in the lab / test environments.

It's funny you should ask -- I'll be tricking out another 1760 tonight and turning it into a MAXED 1760-V to add to my home lab PSTN Cloud. :D

That 1760-V will be in addition to my lab PSTN hardware mentioned in this thread

I still may beef up my lab PSTN Cloud 911 call center :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    2554%20RED%20Large.JPG:)
  • Options
    I have to say – WAY more config in the telco cloud then I anticipated = dial-peers and translations galore! Took about a day and a half but everything is coming along nicely. I’m up and running with analog and PRI services to 3 mock offices in CT (main office, 4x analog, Full PRI), CA (branch office, 4x analog, 12-channel PRI), and FL (branch office, 2x analog, 12-channel PRI). I’ll convert one of them over to an EU location as soon as I track down a WIC-1MFT-E1. All offices are setup as CME environments and will be converted to SRST as soon as I get the UCM cluster finished. Whew. This is the most fun that I’ve had in a long time! :)