Options

Ready to take on the Beast!!

tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been studying and feel I am ready, so I have the Beast scheduled fo Monday @ 11:30!!! This will be the third exam I am sitting with the Second Shot offer!!! Like the others before, I surely hope that I do not get to use!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!

Comments

• Options
    The ShadowThe Shadow Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with slaying the beast! What practice questions sets are you using? I am getting ready to take mine on June 19th, I am looking into Transcender.
  • Options
    Thanks! I used the MS Press bok as well as Testout and CBT Nuggets video training. I am using the testing software fromt the MS Press books as well as Transcenders. I am currently scoring mid 70s on Transcender, but that is mostly in the DNS section. I feel that the exam sims providided with the Transcenders are superior to anything I have used before!!!!!

Good luck to you on your exam!!!!!
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you! Mine is the next Monday after yours.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Good luck, will be taking it tomorrow, hoping it's not as hard as CCNA...
  • Options
    Good Luck Johnny and Mikdilly!
  • Options
    tomken wrote: »
    Thanks! I used the MS Press bok as well as Testout and CBT Nuggets video training. I am using the testing software fromt the MS Press books as well as Transcenders. I am currently scoring mid 70s on Transcender, but that is mostly in the DNS section. I feel that the exam sims providided with the Transcenders are superior to anything I have used before!!!!!

Good luck to you on your exam!!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!! Just got back from the testing center. I conquered the Beast with a score of 921!!!!! MSCA!!!!!

Had 47 questions and 1 Sim. You definitely need to have a firm grasp of DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IPSEC, WSUS 3.0 and which troubleshooting and monitoring tools to use and when.

I found the Transcender questions and sims to be much more difficult than the actual exam. The questions on the exam were very concise and to the point, not a lot of effort to have to figure out what the actual questiuon is asking.

I am so glad to be back in the 900 club after scoring 848 on the 70-290!

Going to start working on the 293 as I read that there is a ot of overflow from the 291. Also just checked my e-mail and it looks like I am going to be able to get in on the Server+ Beta, so I will have to sit that exam by June 30.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their contributions and advice, while I like doing this on my own through self-study, I kind of miss the interaction with teachers and fellow students-this forum is a great substitution for that!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Contgratz! Great score.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you're the man. Great Job!!
    From reading the most recent success stories, including mine, the 291 exams to very similar right now. 47,48 questions, 1 sim, and as with tomken, lots of troubleshooting and monitoring tool questions.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations, great job!! u need a vacation now!
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the MCSA and the awesome score!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    After an embarassing episode with an expired license was finally able to take the exam this morning, passed with an 857, read a post a few weeks ago about someone saying the 290 was harder, now kind of feel the same way.
  • Options
    Mikdilly wrote: »
    After an embarassing episode with an expired license was finally able to take the exam this morning, passed with an 857, read a post a few weeks ago about someone saying the 290 was harder, now kind of feel the same way.

Congrats Mikdilly and drewkeg!!!!

Yes.....I do think the 290 was harder hence the score of 844 on the 290 versus 921 on the 291! LOL!! I just realized all those numbers are the same...I should go play the lottery!!But at any rate, just glad it's over....on to the 293, Server+ and Security+!!!

Good luck Johnny and everyone else preparing to take this exam!!!!
  • Options
    The 1 sim I had on the 291 was kind of a joke, nothing as involved as the 2 or 3 I had on the 290. If you had 290 and 291 under your belt, what would you go for next?
  • Options
    Mikdilly wrote: »
    The 1 sim I had on the 291 was kind of a joke, nothing as involved as the 2 or 3 I had on the 290. If you had 290 and 291 under your belt, what would you go for next?

Is that all you have done so far? You do not have any certs listed so I am not sure....If you do not already have it, you could go for the 70-270 XP Exam or the 70-620 Vista Exam, then you would just need to do 1 other elective exam to become an MCSA!