Passed OS, now A+ certified!! Some info for others as well!

amystriamystri Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thnk god it's over. Anyways, got a score of 576 but thought I had failed as most of the questions were worded very odd and at least for me, my study material did not go into enough detail in regards to the type of questions I had on the test. Funny thing is, ONLY 1, yes 1 networking question!!! icon_eek.gif

I used both the Mike Meyers 2nd edition Passport book and the 5th edition AIO book as well as online resources including this site. Not sure how others feel but those books did cover basics but did not go into enough detail in regards to the OS portion.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T TAKEN IT YET: The most important thing to do is to get hands on with the different OS's and how to navigate through them as well as learn your command line commands, know the minimum install requirements for each OS, the boot orders for each OS and learn your error messages. If you know these items, you will pass.

Not to discourage anyone but out of 80 questions, I had marked 28 of them as not familiar to me from any book, study guide etc icon_eek.gif . Thank god my mind kicked in from my old Tech Support days otherwise I would have plunked this one. :D

READ EVERY RESOURCE YOU CAN GET A HOLD OF AND MAKE SURE TO TAKE ALL THE FREE PRACTICE TESTS YOU CAN.

Regards,
CD

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    A pass is a pass! Congrats on getting A+ certified!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Great Job, Yeh i heard the OS is a killer and i have to take it soon.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • New UserNew User Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips. I'll be taking my exam soon.
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the advice. Taking my OS this week. Yikes....
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"