Options

Knocked the beast out 1st Attempt

bpmufcbpmufc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passes the 291 1st attempt

3 weeks of studying, 4-6 hours a day on average.

Combo of MS Press, CBT Nuggets, Trancender and Measure Up Questions from the MS Press.

I have very little hands on experience as I have not worked in IT and only have 1 PC with VM running Server 2003

Had 48 Questions and 1 Simulation.

Scored 700, I found myself changing answers when I was reviewing the question, I might have changed a few right answers to wrong!!!! Who Know!!!

As ThEy SaY A PaSS Is a PaSS

Just pleased to have this one out of the way.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! How were the MeasureUp questions compared to the Transcender? I'm currently taking tests from Transcender and CoursePrep (course technology), and so far the CoursePrep seem to actually be harder, surprisingly.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    I found that the measure up questions were much harder then the trancender ones
    Congratulations! How were the MeasureUp questions compared to the Transcender? I'm currently taking tests from Transcender and CoursePrep (course technology), and so far the CoursePrep seem to actually be harder, surprisingly.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NICE! Great Job. My test was very similar. 48 questions/1 sim

I did the same as you. Broke my number 1 rule and went back and changed a couple of answers. I just had so much time left, I felt compelled to use it up. After I changed those few, I said forget this and ended it. When I looked into them later, i found out that I did indeed have them right the first time. As they say, go with your first instinct. Its all the studying that gave you that instinct.

Anyway, congrats!!

Anyone else noticed there have been lots of exact 700's lately.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    siniabhilashsiniabhilash Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hai,

Congrats on your pass, I am due to take the exams on 25th jun and revising on transcender and measureup. How many questions did you have on subnetting??? curious as i feel that is my weak area

Thanks
    Sini Abhilash
    A+, N+, 270, 290, 291, 299 (MCSA)
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Good job.
  • Options
    I had zero questions on subnetting. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a question on subnetting. Keep in mind, don't spend too much time on just one subject, while you could be using that time to conquer many. Get the basics, move on, then go back.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    that's exactly what happen, compleated the exam in like 55 mins then went back over the question which i have never done before. What did you score for the 291??
    drewkeg wrote: »
    NICE! Great Job. My test was very similar. 48 questions/1 sim

I did the same as you. Broke my number 1 rule and went back and changed a couple of answers. I just had so much time left, I felt compelled to use it up. After I changed those few, I said forget this and ended it. When I looked into them later, i found out that I did indeed have them right the first time. As they say, go with your first instinct. Its all the studying that gave you that instinct.

Anyway, congrats!!

Anyone else noticed there have been lots of exact 700's lately.
  • Options
    i had no questions on subnetting which was a suprise as its covered alot in the ms press
    Hai,

Congrats on your pass, I am due to take the exams on 25th jun and revising on transcender and measureup. How many questions did you have on subnetting??? curious as i feel that is my weak area

Thanks
  • Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    drewkeg wrote: »
    I had zero questions on subnetting. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a question on subnetting.

Maybe no questions where you had to figure out the number of hosts or subnets. But I had questions where you needed to to how to convert slash notation to figure out a host wasn't on the same subnet as the others.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it2b wrote: »
    Maybe no questions where you had to figure out the number of hosts or subnets. But I had questions where you needed to to how to convert slash notation to figure out a host wasn't on the same subnet as the others.

From what I gather, it seems that's as difficult as it gets for subnetting on this exam.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    bpmufc wrote: »
    that's exactly what happen, compleated the exam in like 55 mins then went back over the question which i have never done before. What did you score for the 291??

I scored 731. I was hoping for 800 ish, well I should rephase that, I was hoping for a pass, then maybe around 800. Stinks, cause without changing those answers, would have been relatively close

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    The ShadowThe Shadow Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bpmufc wrote: »
    I found that the measure up questions were much harder then the trancender ones

bpmufc, would you say that the measure up questions were closer to the actual exam, then the trancender question? Also do the trancender questions come with simulations?
  • Options
    Trancender dose have simulations, I found that both measure up and trancender give a good explanation of why questions are wrong or right. I would say Trancerer in slightly closer to the actual test in the wording of the questions.

Personally i found the measure up allot harder, trancender is slightly easier. But with a combo of both with the MS Press and CBT's you should be ok.

As i also mentioned I don’t have much hands on experience with Server 2003, or any other server product, if you do have hands on experience you will benefit from that.
    The Shadow wrote: »
    bpmufc, would you say that the measure up questions were closer to the actual exam, then the trancender question? Also do the trancender questions come with simulations?
  • Options
    puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Pass is a Pass mate, NICE 1 , I will be taking the beast end of this months i can't tell
    how is gonna be like.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Dont Fear The Beast make The Beast Fear you.
    Bulletz wrote: »
    Pass is a Pass mate, NICE 1 , I will be taking the beast end of this months i can't tell
    how is gonna be like.