Options

ISCW Study Material

GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just the Cisco Exam Cert Guide? Maybe some Train Signals? I wasn't seeing a whole lot. I have some MPLS text I could supplement with, but I am not sure yet how in depth it goes into that.

Comments

• Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    The Exam Cert Guide is a great starting point. I added the Chris Bryant material, and then several good cisco docs to round it out. That was enough.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Grigsby wrote: »
    Just the Cisco Exam Cert Guide?
    Yep, they're taking down the safety net for the last couple of CCNP Exams. icon_lol.gif

Definitely use the Exam Blueprint as a guide and fill in any gaps between the Exam Cert Guide and the Blueprint with the Cisco Documentation and White Papers. The Quick Reference Sheets are also good to use with the Exam Blueprint for getting an idea about what to stress in your studies and possibly even a hint of the depth.

Plus this is good training for if you decided to do the CCSP -- which is changing the Security Exams faster than the authors can update or write new books. icon_lol.gif

If you still want someone to spot you, then Chris Bryant's material is definitely an option.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Based on a quick skim comparison between the 642-825 ISCW Exam Topics (Blueprint) and the 640-553 IINS Exam Topics (Blueprint), there seems to be some overlap, so if you're looking for a self-study guide, here's the link for the "Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide)."

Link: "Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide)" webpage at ciscopress.com - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide) - $52.00