Options

Passed ICND1

eunickeeunicke Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I passed ICND1 with a 916. Exam was not too bad and I'm looking forward to ICND2. I studied for about two months using the resources below.

CCENT Study Guide by Todd Lammle (excellent)
CCENT Study Guide by Wendell Odom (excellent)
CBT videos by Jeremy Ciora (excellent)
CCNA bundle by David Bombal (good for remembering commands)

As everyone said you must know subnetting. Make sure you are familiar with the show commands and definitely pay attention to the frame relay section in you study guide.

Any suggestions for ICND2?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with ICND2 icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz

Ohh the interesting world of Cisco, mhhh, I'm getting tired of the Microsoft world and word here at job is that they are gonna open a position for networking department, so I think i'll join the dark side. Besides I heard they have chocolate cookies!!! lol
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    blucasblucas Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on icon_study.gif ICND2!
  • Options
    pathogenpathogen Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well studied man! Good luck with your next exam.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    eunicke wrote: »
    . . .Any suggestions for ICND2?

Yeah. . . don't take it lightly!

Even though there may appear to be fewer topics on the ICND2, they will be covered in MUCH more depth.

Be sure you know things like ACLs, EIGRP, OSPF, switching. . . Get as much hands-on time as you can with equipment/simulators/racks, but also try to get a good grasp of terminology/theory.

If you have prior networking background, the CCENT may have been a breeze. Don't rely too much on that success-- the CCENT is a good foundation, but it's just that. . . a foundation. Be really ready to dive in deep for the next phase.

(Saying all this as I prep for ICND2 labs this week myself.)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Congratulations eunicke, my only advice is to try ur best not to forget, ull and we'll, always refresh the foundation, CCENT, the better ur foundation stone, the better and the stronger ur building... Informations in IT is really too volatile and fly easy.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Peibol wrote: »
    Congratz

Ohh the interesting world of Cisco, mhhh, I'm getting tired of the Microsoft world and word here at job is that they are gonna open a position for networking department, so I think i'll join the dark side. Besides I heard they have chocolate cookies!!! lol

But, come back to the light side, we have milk! :)

I'm in the same thing. I'm going to pass my 70-291 and then focus on my Cisco CCNA (2 test) and Security+ certs.

Congrats on the pass! :)