Options

Second Shoot will expire 30 /6/2009???

massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone knows if the second shoot offer will expire this month??
Im still studying for the beast(70-291), but i've not completed to read all the training, so i worry if i not take the exam this month i have no opportunity to take it second time...someone have some news about that??
i want to slay the beasttttttttttt lol

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That is correct. You need to do both attempts before the end of June.

Just focus on your studies and pass it the first time icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    dynamik wrote: »
    That is correct. You need to do both attempts before the end of June.

Just focus on your studies and pass it the first time icon_cool.gif
    +1

Study your ass off and you won't need to worry about a second shot.
  • Options
    im studying my ass off...like u said...but i work too...is really hard do 2 things at time...and this is the most difficult exam......i've just ending Dns chapter today......and i have only 23 days to complete the book...
    Jesus save me icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like Dynamik said-Study hard and pass the test the first time!

Have you taken any other cert exams without the second shot offer? I have, and while the Second Shot offer provides a great safety cushion, I do not depend on that when deciding if I am ready to sit for an exam.

Study at your own pace and once you feel that you have a good enough grasp on the objectives listed for the exam, start taking practice exams. I suggest that you use at least two or more, so that you do not end up just memorizing answers. I have found through experience that some practice tests are harder than the actual exams, so once you feel comfortable and are scoring in the high 80s to low 90s on your practice tests, then you are ready to sit the actual exam.

Do not let the thought of losing the Second Shot offer rush you into taking the exam before you are ready. Be confident in your knowledge and you will pass iton the first try. Also know that if you would happen to fail, it is not the end of the world. All that happens is that you have to shell out more $$ to sit the exam again.

Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    thx for ur answer tomken, i have passed 290 ,2 months ago without second shoot too...with a good score for me...the scary thing 4 me is that this is very hard exams...i think i'll wait next month to take...and hope the second shoot will be renewed maybe. it's very hard to study this exam, not impossible, but hard, and absolutely i dont take an exam if i havent study it enough, otherwise why ppl call this exam " the beast"?
    then im italian and the study -guide and the exam too , i cant take in my language...another big trouble....lucky me i've learned english by my knees, and this certifications too, i have no teacher..so that's why i hope second shoot will be renewed again, couse is expansive too in italy 140 euro!
    by the way u have right, if i fail i will take it again...problems of the life are others :)
    thanks 4 ur timeicon_cheers.gif