Options

Failed First Attempt

ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
Well i finally went and tried the ICDN1 today after studying on and off for about 6 months. Started out strong studying but got real week in the middle. of those 6 months. Finally picked it up a little again and decided to schedule it. Got a 622 on my first attempt and will hopefully nail it when i take it on the 14th again. Gonna cram really hard for a full week and go over my weak areas again.

Used the following.

CBT Nuggets CCENT(Watched Once)
TrainSignal
Exam Cram Book
McGraw Hill CCENT Book(Or something like that)
Technet
CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
Cisco CCENT In Progress
MCP Server 291 In Progress
C|EH In Progress

Comments

• Options
    aknyakny Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    better luck next time!!

try registering ICND1 exam again with VUE for free with coupon code COMEBACK2009 and see whether it works for you or not. It did worked for someone as I read on Cisco website, you can try searching yourself there. don't forget to update us all.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    ULWiz wrote: »
    Well i finally went and tried the ICDN1 today after studying on and off for about 6 months. Started out strong studying but got real week in the middle. of those 6 months. Finally picked it up a little again and decided to schedule it. Got a 622 on my first attempt and will hopefully nail it when i take it on the 14th again. Gonna cram really hard for a full week and go over my weak areas again.

Used the following.

CBT Nuggets CCENT(Watched Once)
    TrainSignal
    Exam Cram Book
    McGraw Hill CCENT Book(Or something like that)
    Technet

ULWiz,

Do you know about the Cisco Learning Network? If not, here's the webpage for the CCENT certification you will earn by passing the 640-822 ICND1 exam.

Link: https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccent
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely give the COMEBACK2009 code a try when you register next -- then you can call this one a practice test. :D

The 2 books recommended the most are Odom's Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library (both the ICND1 and ICND2 books) and Todd's Sybex 6th edition CCNA Book -- the links are in the CCNA FAQ.

The Odom book is the best book -- it covers most of what you need to learn for the exam plus builds the rest of the foundation for future Cisco Studies.

Todd's book is more of a "fun read" and good for people who already have Cisco experience and just want a refresher for the exam. I think Sybex also has just a CCENT book (for just the ICND1 exam) -- but I'm not sure if it's just 1/2 of Todd's CCNA book or someone elses book.

If you've got the time, you might want to consider reading at least one of those books.

ICND1 does have some of the basic networking trivia you need to learn (and just accept on faith) -- and maybe even memorize. But since the last CCNA update, the ICND1 exam also expects you have some hands on skills and to be able to whip up a small network (using just a shoe lace, gum wrapper, bottle cap, and Cisco Switches and Routers). While the old INTRO exam may have just expected you to know a few basic router commands and the CLI editing sequences, the ICND1 exam expects you configure and deploy both rotuers and switches -- and even toss in a routing protocol (or two). Heck, they may even expect you to have a clue about talking with a remote office icon_eek.gif

Hands on practice -- with either real hardware or even a simulator -- goes a long way to helping you learn the concepts you'll need to demonstrate on the exam. But it also gives you a solid framework to hang any of that "trivia stuff" on so that it makes sense -- and you hopefully remember that for the exam too.

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Study up and good luck for the retake. We'll be looking forward to seeing a post from you informing us that you passed! icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Thanks Guys. Yeah the comeback2009 code worked for me so i got my retake scheduled for Sun the 14th. Hopefully i will have enough study time in to knock it out of the park this time.

Thanks for the web sites will take a peak at them.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    bdwillbdwill Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ULWiz wrote: »

I failed 640-802 twice already: 2/19 (74icon_cool.gif and 3/19 (745). My third attempt is scheduled for 6/25 -- hoping for better luck.

Don't be discouraged...keep at the material and we're bound to get it!
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    head up and keep pushing on soldier! :D

Best of luck for the 14th!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    keep ur head up my friend, heat and pressure make diamonds, just don't feel bad, I believe ur gonna get it nailed soon, just keep concentrating and keep any eye on the weak areas.