Options

CCENT Exam Scheduled Thursday

SiushagaSiushaga Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been reading around on these forums for about a week now and I decided from reading everybody elses experiences with the ICND1 exam that I may be ready to give her a go.

Scheduled it at my local testing center this morning for Thursday the 11th at 1:00 PM. Any last words of encouragement or tips on what I should brush up on before heading out to the testing center? (Obviously don't go into too much detail because of the NDA)

Study Material:
Train Signal
The Ultimate CCNA Study Package by Chris Bryant (CCENT sections)
Bryant Advantage CCNA 802 Practice Exam
Transcender Practice Exam
My Cisco books from my college courses a few years ago

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Double check the ICND1 Exam Blueprint and make sure you recognize and understand the topics. Make sure you are prepared to demonstrate you hands on skills for any of the configure, verify, perform, troubleshoot, etc tasks.

Time Management is very important for the exam. Watch the clock. They will tell you the number of questions and how much time you have for the exam before the exam starts.

Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you haven't gotten it by then, you probably never will. All you're doing is taking time away from the other, and hopefully, easier questions. Plus there's always the possibility it may be an ungraded "beta question." Just make sure you try something..... Cisco has confirmed that you can earn partial credit on a SIM.

Also make sure you read the question, all the answers, and then read the question AGAIN. If you read the question and jump on a good sounding answer, you may miss reading the best sounding answer. Or you may have missed a word or two on your first read of the question -- and when you can't find an answer that makes sense, rereading the question helps you pick up what you missed or overlooked the first time.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SiushagaSiushaga Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with an 874. icon_cheers.gif

Time for some celebration, a break from studying and then onto ICND2. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Siushaga wrote: »
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your Celebration drunken_smilie.gif and then hit the Books and Lab hard for ICND2 icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

Don't icon_study.gif too hard.

I try to remember mike's suggestion of one chapter, one beer. It makes studying a bit more tolerable! icon_lol.gif

Lab will help avoid crash.gif on the exam! Good luck!