Options

request for cisco certification info

moonimooni Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi this is moon ....i completed my bachelors degree in electronics and communication engg from india....i have heard a lot about cisco certifications.I would like to know if they offer any courses in management .....and i would also like to know the required courses that i can take initially ....i'm interested in communication related fields...but i donot know the courses to be taken and the steps to follow...duration it takes to complete

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can find information about Cisco Certifications on the Cisco website
    IT Certification - Cisco - Cisco Systems

Cisco Certifications are technical in nature and cover computer networking using Cisco Routers and Switches (and other Cisco hardware). As you can see on the Cisco website, the various tracks available cover Routing and Switching, Design, Security, Voice, Service Provider, Storage Networking, and Wireless.

Training is available through the Cisco Network Academy programs or Cisco Training Partners. The links are on that Cisco Certification webpage under related tools/links. You can also follow the link to the Cisco Learning Network to see what is available (you may at some point need to create a free Cisco account to access some content).

A lot of people here just get the suggested books, build their own home lab (or use a work or school lab or job experience) and earn the Cisco Certifications through self study.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!