Options

Call Forward number , how can i hide?

alsindialsindi Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how I can hide my forwarding number to my mobile from other employees?

Ie. staff calls my extension 1001 and its forwarded to my mobile number, but I dont want anyone to know that I have forwarded it to my mobile because it shows on his IP PHONE screen the froward number...

Comments

• Options
    joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    We have route patterns setup for our call forwarding under a special route partition we created to prevent just anyone from forwarding their phones to external numbers. If you are doing it this way you might be able to to change that setting under the route pattern for your cell phone number.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have CallManager Express.. do you mean if I set up a forwarding pattern, I would be able to "hide" that number i.e. my mobile number from other employees from seeing that I have been forwarding it to my mobile???

So far, all forwarding is enabled and no restrictions are applied, some managers dont want other employees to know that they have diverted/forwarded their deskphone to their mobiles.. is it possible to hide it???

thanks,
  • Options
    joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    alsindi wrote: »
    I have CallManager Express.. do you mean if I set up a forwarding pattern, I would be able to "hide" that number i.e. my mobile number from other employees from seeing that I have been forwarding it to my mobile???
    thanks,

Well I am not 100% sure on that, you would have to go in and play with it to see. If you did have it setup like I mentioned then there are settings that can be configured. If you don't have a setup like this then you are probably just hitting CFwdALL on your phone and punching in your mobile number, correct? You may be able to simply fill in the External Phone Number Mask for your extension to see what that might do. Go to device, phone, change to directory number, type in your ext., scroll down to Line 1 of your device to find the External Phone Number Mask. Not sure if this is the same for CM Express but you might just scroll through all of the options avaiable to try and find something like that.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the insight, but I believe its far more difficult to try to "hide" the CfwALL number in the CCME, since I have never ran into this before and this requirement just came out of the blue from the customer.

Well, I am not going to fiddle much with the system and just try to do test a couple of scenarios, but I have a hunch that its not possible..

I was hoping someone would say that they have tried it and worked.. but anyway.. thanks for the effort :) really do appreciate it.

Thanks!