Options

CTT+ Written Down

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
In what is becoming a regular occurrence, I got busy on the weekend and forgot to reschedule my exam, so I ended up taking this today. I got tied up in a huge project yesterday, so I was only able to grab a few hours of sleep. I hit a coffee shop, got a few extra shots of espresso in my latte, and then headed down to my normal VUE location.

I arrived a few minutes early and skimmed a resource which I hadn't had a chance to look at yet. This made me a few minutes late, but I thought I should still be OK. When I went inside, the VUE banner that used to be there was conspicuously absent. When I said I was there to take my exam, they told me they stopped doing that about a month ago. "Um, can I hop on the internet quick?"

I arrive a half hour late and promise to rush through it if they allow me to take it. Unlike the MS exams, CompTIA apparently doesn't allow you to skip the survey before they give you their score. I had wanted to let them know that the prep materials for this were garbage anyway, so I guess that all worked out.

655 out of 900 is passing, and I ended up getting 764. Each CompTIA exam I take seems to be worse than the previous one; I really hope I never have to take another one. As I metioned, there were no good resources for this. I managed to get my hands on the course packets from CompTIA and Element K. They had decent info, but you were tested on completely different things. The best resource was this exam simulator: CTT Exam Simulator, Practice Exam I paid $20 for a single-run through and just took notes when they gave the answers at the end. That really prepares you to get in the "special" frame of mind that's necessary to pass the exam. I didn't check recently, but there might be some new materials for it here: Training Materials

Now it's on to the video portion of the exam for the CTT+/MCT titles...

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats man!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Congrats! I guess you're looking to get into the training field? Any specific plans, if ya don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Congrats!

Training is definitely something I have an interest in and an aptitude for. I haven't look too much into the CTT+, but I returned 0 hits on a Monster search. Is this an "up and coming" cert or what?

Sounds very interesting, a google search returned a few **** sites, so it must be in some kind of demand. :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nah, it's kind of old if I remember right. I think it said 2002 or 2003 objectives when I took it. You can use it to become an MCT, which is what I'm after: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/default.mspx

I'll be taking the course for the video portion in a couple of months, and then it'll be another 4-6 weeks before I get results on that. Needless to say, it's going to be a bit before I'll actually be in the classroom. In the meantime, I'm hitting up Toastmasters to brush up on public speaking. I might make some CBTs in the meantime as well.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats buddy!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

Your experience with the quality of the exam and study materials is very similar to mine.

MS
  • Options
    srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far I agree.
    Tell us how you are doing your video. Congrats on the pass.