Options

Anyone interested in (free) virtual training with me?

Comments

• Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    11am cst, it's a date!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    chuckzitochuckzito Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Count me in. Just let me know when and where.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    its possible for me as well
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm out for Saturday, I'm working 8-1 central time icon_sad.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Whoops, you're right, misread that as PM. :D I guess I'll have to be counted out as I wouldn't be available until after sundown. Oh well!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe I'll offer a recap for you two to see how bad the internet connection at the place I'm staying is. I'll definitely be heading into work for the main event.
  • Options
    There's no rescheduling or canceling your virtual training within 24 hours!

Will you be recording a copy of it Dynamik? I was thinking you could post a vid for TEers that couldn't attend. I think it'd be cool. I'd volunteer to record it if you'd like :^). I'll go home and download the client tonight.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    Maybe if it goes well. I'm not sure if I want too much evidence if it's a colossal failure. I've yet to prepare, so I guess that's what I'll be doing with my Friday night icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Subnetting is a good first topic. How long are you estimating it to last? I'm assuming most people attending will have a mic, and participate at least a bit.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    Probably at least an hour, maybe two. I'm going to make up some exercises and have a Q&A at the end. A lot of that is probably going to depend on the participants.

And random lurkers are welcome to silently attend as well. I think I'm going to give WebEx a shot; I'll post the info here a couple of hours before it starts.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Probably at least an hour, maybe two. I'm going to make up some exercises and have a Q&A at the end. A lot of that is probably going to depend on the participants.

And random lurkers are welcome to silently attend as well. I think I'm going to give WebEx a shot; I'll post the info here a couple of hours before it starts.
    I won't be able to fully participate, but I might be able to be a "lurker" - I'll bring my headphones to work tomorrow and if it's nearly as slow as today was, I'll be able to at least listen in. Looking forward to a primer on subnetting! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    I won't be able to fully participate, but I might be able to be a "lurker" - I'll bring my headphones to work tomorrow and if it's nearly as slow as today was, I'll be able to at least listen in. Looking forward to a primer on subnetting! icon_thumright.gif

Yea, I was wondering about that. "Work" didn't seem like a mutually exclusive activity icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Here's the info:

https://my.webex.com/join

Access code: 599 701 592

Again, that's tomorrow (6/13) at 11AM CST.
  • Options
    Yea, I was wondering about that. "Work" didn't seem like a mutually exclusive activity icon_lol.gif
    yeah, I probably should refer to it as "work" with the quotation marks...it's graduation weekend and there really aren't many classes/sessions going on right now so it's sloooowwww. I would bring in my gigantic dorky headphones with mic, but I'd probably get endlessly ridiculed (and rightfully so) and everyone would be eavesdropping and wondering what the hell was going on, so I'll stick with the less obvious and less dorky iphone ear buds and just do the lurking thing if I can.

So are you familiar with WebEx? I'm somewhat familiar with it through work (we have professors/tutors doing WebEx sessions with students on a regular basis) - it's pretty durn cool. Will you be using the online comment/question feature, or do you want all comments & questions to be live audio?

• Options
    This is going now. I'll begin after (if) a few people show up.

https://my.webex.com/join

Access code: 599 701 592
  • Options
    seems pretty cool...
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    Everybody join in!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    kudarkudar Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    Everybody join in!

hmm. think im late
  • Options
    kudarkudar Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well, i caught the last 5 seconds of the meeting.... lol
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone that attended. Given that I just finished the material 10 minutes before we started and didn't rehearse, I thought it went pretty well :D

For those that attended, I would appreciate a PM letting me know what you liked and what you didn't, or what could be done better. Thanks again.

It sounds like DNS is the next topic. That might take a bit to prepare, but I'll keep you all posted. I'm going to take a couple of weeks off at the beginning of July, so it might not be until after that.
    kudar wrote: »
    hmm. think im late

Yea, you showed up right at the end. Now that I've got all the notes made, I'll probably do this one again. It seems like there's always a demand for subnetting instruction. I'd like to try to get at least 5-10 people together, so if anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM and let me know what day(s) of the week works for you as well as what time(s).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hopped on for a minute but my computer BSOD'd. Looked like good times though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd love to join even in college I had problems with Sub netting and stuff and would love to my 291 stuff out of the way before 290 :) if there is even interest locally we should all meet up somewhere lol.
  • Options
    wweboy wrote: »
    I'd love to join even in college I had problems with Sub netting and stuff and would love to my 291 stuff out of the way before 290 :) if there is even interest locally we should all meet up somewhere lol.

I'd be down for that too if we could get five people or so.
  • Options
    If only I lived in Grand Forks, ND still... T.T
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Please count me in :)
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am studying subnetting atm for my CCNA, I wish I could have been there!
  • Options
    kudar, wweboy, broadcaststorm, and rsutton brings it up to four; I'd be willing to do another one for a group that size. I'm gone the next two weekends, but I'll be available the evening of 6/24 (Weds).
  • Options
    kudar, wweboy, broadcaststorm, and rsutton brings it up to four; I'd be willing to do another one for a group that size. I'm gone the next two weekends, but I'll be available the evening of 6/24 (Weds).

I can be there! As long as it is after 5:30 PST...
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I would love to be in. I will be at work but I may still be able to access it. I am going to try.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    Cmon who else is in? Need a few more people to commit!