Options

Using 37inch LCD as dual screen?

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
I'm curious if anyone else uses a large LCD or plasma as a dual screen? I know it sounds retarded but I can posts pics of my room to show you what it would look like...

My one screen would be a 22inch samsung then the second would be my 37 inch LCD mounted on the wall. I wouldn't use it all the time but just when i'm studying and stuff.

Anyone else have experience with this? I know id probabley have to sit further away but how far?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never found the text to be as easy to read on something that wasn't intended to be a computer monitor. However, I don't think it's retarded at all. I'd definitely move a few VMs or something over to that if I was in a similar situation.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    If the 37" LCD is 1080p and your hooking up through a DVI cable then I don't think there will be a problem with it. I have a friend who uses a 37" 1080p westinghouse for playing WoW and he loves it.

To me 37 inches is too much to be playing a computer game if your sitting as close as you would to a regular comp LCD, which my friend does..., too much head moving going on. But for work/study related stuff I think it would be awesome.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    The best, workable display setup I've seen so far is a 30" in the middle and a 24" on each side. It works well for multiple and extended desktops and for mixed orientations. I believe the setup used two nVidia video cards.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just need one 30" for that setup...
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i rock 2 17" monitors, 1 CRT and 1 TFT

I would love to have 4 X 42" TFT's that would be awesome

lol, i always have to take it that little biut too far dont i
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I personally went from two 19" to a 36 or 37 LCD TV. Sitting at my desk and trying to look at that thing was just to much. If you have enough viewing distance then it would be great but having one sitting on my executive desk was still a strain on my eyes. I demoted my self to a 27 inch monitor and that seems to suit me just fine.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress