Options

Taking ICND2 on Monday.

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
I've been putting it off and rescheduling it long enough. It hit me the other day that I passed ICND1 around 7 months ago...

Anyway, I feel pretty confident. It's to the point now where I just need to take the exam, because I keep telling myself I should study just a little bit more, but truthfully, I could study this stuff endlessly and never feel "fully" prepared. If I fail it, at least I'll know what areas I need to work on.

So this weekend is pretty much going to be spent cramming and studying up until the last minute. Hopefully come Monday I'll be a CCNA!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Good luck. I hope you are using Trancender (or seftest). I used Preplogic and feel that I would have gained much more knowlede from Trascender.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good luck /usr!!!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Good luck! Knock it out of the park!
  • Options
    I'm actually using the Boson practice exams, the same ones I used for ICND1.
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck Brah!!! I'm taking mine Monday too!!!

I gotta get back to the books and Boson now... =)
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. I plan to take the 640-802 the first week of July. I use Boson. I think the Boson sim is good, but I believe the questions are a little harder than the real test. Any one know?
    Jedi never stop training......
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck! I'm actually taking mine tomorrow (Sunday @ noon). Hopefully it'll be a big celebration week for everyone taking the exam over the next 2 days icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    I think the Boson sim is good, but I believe the questions are a little harder than the real test. Any one know?
    I felt that way with the ICND1 set. After I took the exam, I was pleased with how similar in nature the Boson exams were. I'm hoping it's that way with the ICND2 ones, also.
  • Options
    Eh, I've been staring at this stuff so much today that it's all starting to run together.

I feel good about knowing the material, I just keep making stupid mistakes on practice questions because I overlook some small part of the question, some small item in command output, etc.

I'm confident that I can pass on Monday with a bit more reviewing tomorrow and taking my time to be sure I read everything when I actually take the exam.

Aaaanyway, it's Saturday and my brain is going to explode if I have to subnet anymore tonight. drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    Haha I totallllly know what you mean I've been watching CBT all day while reading! You at least have tomorrow for some extra review, ill be taking it at noon so it should be fun icon_wink.gif I'm nervous about this one even though everyone says not to be.....I guess its just a very intimidating exam....
  • Options
    Are you using any practice exams?

I've been studying today with the Boson practice exams, the open ended questions, memory tables and beginning of chapter questions - all from Odom's book.

Honestly, I expect the exam to have more sims than the Boson practice exams, but as far as difficulty goes, I'm guessing they're pretty close. Some of those questions really took some time and almost ALL of them are troubleshooting based.
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard like 80 % of this test is all about troubleshooting as opposed to configuration (not to say that there won't be a fair share of that too icon_wink.gif )

I have been using CBT, The official cisco book, some **** sheets (from packet-life.net) to help memorize commands, and have a mini lab that i've been running through configurations on all day. I seem to having a harder time setting things up then trouble shooting them.....not sure how thats possible icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Just getting back from the exam...800 even no pass. I must say though that at least failing gives me a chance to see where I am weak and motivates me twice as much to trying again in a week.

I knew going into the exam that I would get a sim on my weakest area and sure enough.....it doomed me. Oh well what are you going to do. I do have to say this is a hard exam even for people that know what their doing.
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Just getting back from the exam...800 even no pass. I must say though that at least failing gives me a chance to see where I am weak and motivates me twice as much to trying again in a week.

I knew going into the exam that I would get a sim on my weakest area and sure enough.....it doomed me. Oh well what are you going to do. I do have to say this is a hard exam even for people that know what their doing.

Stick in there, you know what to expect now so go back and pass.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    Just getting back from the exam...
    This was just your practice test, right?

Work on your weak areas, get some more lab time in, and use the COMEBACK2009 code to schedule your real exam.

Good Luck when you take the exam for real!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Haha it def was the practice exam icon_wink.gif I've already used the comeback code and rescheduled for next weekend (thanks for the info though). I seriously I'm going to tear it apart next time. I do find this stuff very interesting which I think really helps with the motivation factor!
  • Options
    cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey NS...I'm getting ready to take mine as well. The icnd1 was 90 min, 42questions. What did they give you for the icnd2. Was it still 90min? How many questions. I see cisco's site says 90min 40-50 questions but my book, wendell odom series wants you to set up practice exams for 75min and 55questions. I see other websites to back up those numbers as well. I'm going with cisco as to the answer but can you verify? If its 75min for 55questions I think I might puke. You know the pass %? is it still 80%?
    CCNA
    Network+
  • Options
    Well actually everywhere I looked too I found 90 mins and 850 is passing however going into the exam I found out it is only 75 mins (yikes!) and there can be anywhere between 40-50 questions (I got 42). Lets put it this way the time thing may be a killer but if you know what you're doing enough to pass the test you'll finish in time, maybe with a little extra too. If you can't finish in the 75 minutes you prob won't pass the exam either even if you had more time....just my 2 cents on the subject.

As for the score passing they said was 825 which is a little nicer then the 850 they told me originally lol
  • Options
    pathogenpathogen Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would wish you good luck but you don't need it. You got this man!
  • Options
    Did the COMEBACK2009 code work for you when you rescheduled?

I'm just now sitting down to get in a last little bit of studying...my exam is still booked for noon.
  • Options
    Yes it did....and good luck let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Just so I'm not overlooking something...that code gives you a free retake, correct?

If so, that's a little more comforting going in.
  • Options
    Exactly so if you fail (like ) just think of it as a practice test, at least you'll become more familiar with the exam icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    That's the goal at this point. I've studied to the point where I feel like I have a firm grasp on the material, but only by taking the exam and seeing the result will I know for certain.

Wish me luck, I'll post back later with the results!
  • Options
    Good Luck! Take your time! Even though you'll feel rush think the questions through
  • Options
    Woo, passed with a 903! Finally a CCNA!
  • Options
    adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote: »
    Woo, passed with a 903! Finally a CCNA!

Congrats man!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    Very nice!! Hoping to join you there soon. But seriously though good job icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    /usr wrote: »
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif