Options

40% off "CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, 3rd Edition" from Cisco Press

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
I got an email from Cisco Press with this offer.
CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, 3rd Edition
By Wendell Odom
List Price: $59.99
Your Price with Coupon: $35.99 (Save 40%)

Special Offer
Enter coupon code ECGLIBRARY at checkout to save 40% off the list price. Plus, U.S. customers receive free shipping.

About the Library
The two books contained in this Library, CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Ed., and CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Ed., cover all the current 640-802 exam objectives, such as security, wireless, IPv6, and troubleshooting.

Comments

• Options
    Eh. Looks like it is only marginally cheaper than buying it from Amazon. $35.99 vs $37.79.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    If Cisco Press is giving free 45 day access to Safari immediately accessible after you make your purchase, I'd choose them. It lets you take the slower free shipping option, but start reading right away. That's why I order all my books from Cisco Press when I can. They also give a flat 30% discount (I believe it's 20% natural, another 10% if you take their questionaire) and an additional 5% if you order over.... $75 I believe.

This is how I buy all of my Cisco Press books now, it's generally cheaper than Amazon, and I can start reading right after I hit submit. I only hit up amazon for out of print Cisco Press books
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm not trying to take over the thread but....

Does anyone know the difference between the 3rd edition and the 7th edition as far as study material? I'm asking because I don't want to get the 3rd edition to find out I need information from the 7th edition.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Does anyone know the difference between the 3rd edition and the 7th edition as far as study material? I'm asking because I don't want to get the 3rd edition to find out I need information from the 7th edition.
    They're not the same thing. Two different sets of books. The prep library is designed for learning all the various topics. The cert library is for preparing for the exam e.g. revision.

CCNA Preparation Library. 7th Edition
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Last time I tried using a Cisco Press coupon code, I noticed it cost more than the standard member discount. icon_lol.gif

With the member price they charge tax on the member price.

With the coupon code, you lose the member price, they charge the tax on the full retail price, then apply the a discount on the book(s).

If you have a code that works for a specific item, you may lose all other benefits, like member discount, on any other items you purchase at the same time -- so if you can save money on that item with the code, buy it by itself.

Needless to say I don't use the Cisco Press coupon codes.

If you're in a state without a sales tax (or they don't collect for your state), then the coupon code may be usable for you.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    They're not the same thing. Two different sets of books. The prep library is designed for learning all the various topics. The cert library is for preparing for the exam e.g. revision.

CCNA Preparation Library. 7th Edition

I take it that someone can still use either Libraries to pass the exam?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****