Options

Allowing NT Domain Users Access to Novell Resources

nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
The company that I work for has two offices, one running a NT-based domain, the other a Novell enviroment. I am wondering what the easiest way would be to allow users on the NT domain to access files and folders stored on the Novell servers. I believe they are running a 6.x version. Basically I just need access to the documents that are stored at that location. The consultant group that installed the Novell network (before I was with the company) is suggesting DirXML, but as I have little/no experience with Novell (not since the DOS days) I don't really know which way to look.

Any help would be apprechiated.

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    are there 2 domains inside your company?? if i am not wrong w2k pro can be novell client using that gsnw thing on your nic config... but i am not in depth of NT so could it be the same config ??
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Yes, the servers are located at two distant offices, connected to each other via a secure VPN link. I had read something about GSNW as well, but wasn't completely sure if it would let me do what I want. Basically, I want to map a drive to point to a Novell share located across the VPN tunnel.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    You don't have to install NWClient being that after Novell 4.x uses TCP/IP. You should install Client Services for netware though, that will work.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if you have installed your gsnw thing then you would do a script called net use to map you novell source... net use \\servername\servershare...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies... I will look into GSNW tomorrow.