Options

IPv6 on CCNA 640-802 exam

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got done with a IPv6 lesson using Testout. I was so frustrated. It took me 6 tries to pass an 8 question test. I got the basics down. Testout had a little drag and drop that had different IPv6 addresses. I was to drag to addresses over to the right. The boxes on the right were link-local, unicast global, etc. I am just wondering what the difficulity level is as far as IPv6 questions go. If I have to know if the address is a unicast global or a link-local then I'm screwed at getting questions correctly. If it's more of understanding the 0 compression rule and which addresses are valid IPv6 addresses then I'm fine. I also have a good understanding of the hiearchy of IPv6.

Comments

• Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    The 640-802 is quite a big exam and you are not likely to get that many Ipv6 questions. I could say that you could fail that question without getting the fail, but I wouldnt, because i dont know how good you are with the other topics. I wanna be overprepared for my certifications, and it works.
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it might ask you some basic stuff but it is more of a CCNP thing than anything. learn everything else and learn basic Ipv6 and you will be fine.
    icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    I'd say from your op that you have it covered icon_smile.gif and not to sweat it for now
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    shai83shai83 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Okay, my previous message was deleted for being too specific, so I'll rephrase:

Don't be so concerned about IPv6.

I passed the CCNA exam a few months ago (the new one), and from what I remember, IPv6 didn't play much of a part in it and the question/s were pretty basic.

So don't worry too much.