Options

Server 2008 RC2

Hi

Just installed this on my PC, I have the E4500 so its not virtual

No snazzy taskbar, not even dual display

Doesnt like the internet much either, links dont open, drop down boxes on nvidia drivers page are not populated with cards to choose from, is this something i can change??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just use the Vista driver. Then you have to install the desktop experience feature and then go into display properties and select it.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Thanks dynamo

Already found it googling for about an hour, had to enable Audio and Theme service then add the Experiance feature, then install Vista drivers, sweet

How close can you get Server 2008 looking like Windows 7

Thanks

Lee H
  • Options
    Not very. It's built on the same GUI technology as Vista, so that's the best you can do.
  • Options
    I dont recall Vista being able to resize windows to fit half the screen like windows 7 does or i may be wrong, its close enough for me to use as my main PC, if I had a cpu that could run 64 bit virtuals ide still be using windows 7
  • Options
    Ah, maybe they gave the GUI a bump up in R2. I don't normally turn that on.
  • Options
    bjstickbjstick Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Server 2008 R2 looks identical to Windows 7 after you install the Desktop Experience and enable Aero. I dual-boot it on my Macbook Pro.
    Current Track: MCSE 2003: Security

80.0% complete. WIP: 70-299
  • Options
    any idea how long I can use the trial for? It doesnt say when I right click Computer under Windows Activation