Options

Anyone used the dreamspark voucher?

JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
Just wondering if anyone has used their voucher yet. It says they will check your student status so i wanted to check if they do or not so I can bring that with me.

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have, my testing center asked for my student ID - though they did not ask for the Dreamspark voucher that MS said to bring along with.
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    How would they check your status? Don't you just need your id and the printer voucher code?
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    How would they check your status? Don't you just need your id and the printer voucher code?

Not all centers might ask, but it's listed in the terms for the voucher:

"You will be required show proof of your student status with an accredited academic institution (e.g.: student ID card) and a print out (screen shot) of your voucher code number generated from DreamSpark upon arrival to take the exam at the testing center"
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They didn't check mine (I just need to give 2 Photo IDs) but I would bring it just in case. (I brought it with me too)
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    So in other words student id should be suffice then when talking about your student status.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They just asked for two photo IDs for me as well but I brought my student ID just in case. I think it depends on the center and how its displayed in their system.

I would bring an ID and the printout just in case your test center asks for it.
    WIP: CCNA