Options

Getting ready to slay the beast..

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I will be battling the beast, and hopefully slaying it tentatively on 7/25.
Very excited to finally finish off my MCSA. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Good luck, and thanks for the congrats. As long as you study hard (which I know you will), you'll be fine. icon_thumright.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! Just stay focused. I'm sure you have found study methods which have worked for you, so stick to them. When you get close to the exam, relax, and have faith and confidence that you did everything you could to prepare. Let the answers come to you. You'll have that first instinct, and that's for good reason, you studied!icon_wink.gif

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    you are on fire, woman!

So what resources you using on this one? I've got the 291 MS Press book & TestOut, but haven't started on them yet. (I am doing Server+ beta first & maybe Security+, not sure...)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    you are on fire, woman!

So what resources you using on this one? I've got the 291 MS Press book & TestOut, but haven't started on them yet. (I am doing Server+ beta first & maybe Security+, not sure...)

I have a Transcender, CBT Nuggets, Sybex book and PrepLogic exam guide.

Also, I will be building a VMware test environment. Possibly building an ESX box to be able to really put myself through the ringer on this one. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409

Also, I will be building a VMware test environment. Possibly building an ESX box to be able to really put myself through the ringer on this one. icon_thumright.gif
    WOW, you *are* putting yourself through the ringer, that's a lot of material to get through in the next month+!! Are you taking any classes this summer?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpune wrote: »
    WOW, you *are* putting yourself through the ringer, that's a lot of material to get through in the next month+!! Are you taking any classes this summer?

No classes this summer, luckily. icon_lol.gif

Trying to do as many certs. this summer as I can. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205

Don't bother with ESX. Buy the extra RAM(if you need it) and put down the $180 for a copy of Workstation.
  • Options
    djhss68 wrote: »
    Don't bother with ESX. Buy the extra RAM(if you need it) and put down the $180 for a copy of Workstation.

I have Workstation. ESX would be not only for 291, but for me to work with ESX as well, and my desktop has 8GB of ram :p
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, I was all excited and thought this was a new thread. WTF Fade? Aren't you done with this yet? ;)