Options

A+ Esentials booked.

ToastedToadToastedToad Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to all.

First I want to say hello to all the helpful souls on TechExams. You have all helped and inspired me over these past 5 months that I've been lurking around the site. Thank you for your time and effort.

I was laid off in January from a non tech related job. I then decided to return to school to follow my dreams of working in the tech fields. Just finished up my first quarter last Thursday. It was great. Took an A+ preparedness class, part one of the Cisco Academy and a XP (70-270) course. Did really well and looking forward to next quarter already.

I have the A+ Essentials part of the exams booked for this coming Wed. at 3:00. And I just wanted to chime in and join the fun. I'm a little nervous, this being my first cert exam, but I'm confident from the class and quite a few years of geekin out over pc's and such.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I'm not a real big poster on the forums but I'll always be around and check in on the Jobs, Microsoft, and Cisco forums daily.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    RiskblingRiskbling Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello to all.

First I want to say hello to all the helpful souls on TechExams. You have all helped and inspired me over these past 5 months that I've been lurking around the site. Thank you for your time and effort.

I was laid off in January from a non tech related job. I then decided to return to school to follow my dreams of working in the tech fields. Just finished up my first quarter last Thursday. It was great. Took an A+ preparedness class, part one of the Cisco Academy and a XP (70-270) course. Did really well and looking forward to next quarter already.

I have the A+ Essentials part of the exams booked for this coming Wed. at 3:00. And I just wanted to chime in and join the fun. I'm a little nervous, this being my first cert exam, but I'm confident from the class and quite a few years of geekin out over pc's and such.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I'm not a real big poster on the forums but I'll always be around and check in on the Jobs, Microsoft, and Cisco forums daily.

Thanks again.

Well best of luck to you! It seems as though the A+ certification is the gateway drug.
  • Options
    Vancity.rigelVancity.rigel Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I just passed Essentials and IT Tech last month. Its a good feeling to start on your way.
  • Options
    Passed with a 750. Gonna take technician in a few weeks. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Congrats! Welcome to the forums. The A+ is a good cert. Good luck with the next. Just an FYI, the microsoft certs are a little different and more in depth than comptia's. Good luck on your journey.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the forums. The A+ is a good cert. Good luck with the next. Just an FYI, the microsoft certs are a little different and more in depth than comptia's. Good luck on your journey.

Thanks! Will probably be taking the CCENT sometime this winter, then gonna work on some Server Certs after and throughout the spring and summer of '10. CCNA by next winter. Looking forward to the challenges they all offer.
  • Options
    Finally got around to Technician. Passed it this afternoon. Classes start up on the 21st, looking forward to Cisco 2, and Server '08. Gonna be a fun quarter!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats and good luck on future studies.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Finally got around to Technician. Passed it this afternoon. Classes start up on the 21st, looking forward to Cisco 2, and Server '08. Gonna be a fun quarter!

Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?